Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the Grand Sport owners, do you like them? My dad showed a big interest in them while at Carlisle this weekend. If you own both a C5 and a Grand Sport, how do they relate (room/space, ride, performance, etc)? TIA!

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I love my car.

DAMN does it attract attention. Nuf said.

The LT4 and LS1 are pretty comparible. Both are very capable of high-12 low-13 sec times.

Personally, I like the C4 because it handles and FEELS like a race car. You have to drive one to know what I am talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I'll add a used Z06 to the collection some day... but the C5 has nothing on the "rawness" of a C4.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I love the GS!!!!!

It's not as comfortable as our C5, but who cares? The GS is a car that stands above all the others and says Look at me, and people just say Damn, what a gorgeous car.

Carlisle rocked as well!!! Well worth the 700 mile drive. :partyon: :cheers:

·
Registered
990 Posts
:agree: They said it all,driving back to Columbus,Ohio from Carlisle this weekend was just wonderful. Beautiful day/super car to drive with everything you would want in a sportscar/people giving you the thumbs up sign as you drove past them. Followed another GS for about 150 miles , what a hoot and I had more space for storage cause his was a vert. They (verts ) are pretty limited on storage .

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah, the GS ragtops have very little storage, but we make it up in jaw dropping good looks. :rolling: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love the GS. I have never driven a car like this before. The wife can't get over how people just stare at us when we are driving around. It freaked her out the first time then realized it was the car they were gawking at.

·
Registered
990 Posts
:thumbsup: right on #457 welcome to the club. You should see them when they saw 27 of them lined up. Hutch from the Grand sport registry is going to try to have the GS be the feature car in 2006 at Carlisle. Really be nice to see a 100 or so GS's together:cool::lookinup: just realized I said 457 :) meant #487 sorry

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I hope to have mine there next year. :partyon: Made me miss mine more than ever!!! :surprised

·
Registered
336 Posts
It is a cool car to drive around, everyone looks at it and you can see it coming from a mile away. I like the seating position and the tight cockpit of the C4 but I have driven a handful of Z06's and I think the Z06 is better handling and more fun to throw around, 2 different cars in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
They are 2 different cars....one you see everyday, the other is special when ya see it.

As far as handling, the Z06 was designed to be a road racer. It's a great car, but just doesn't do it for me. The GS is like having sex with a perfect 10. :buhbye:

·
Registered
336 Posts
96LT4 said:
They are 2 different cars....one you see everyday, the other is special when ya see it.

As far as handling, the Z06 was designed to be a road racer. It's a great car, but just doesn't do it for me. The GS is like having sex with a perfect 10. :buhbye:
I understand what you are saying but the Z06 is a drivers car, no frills stiff ride awesome handling lightweight car, The GS is more of an Exotic which in its day (1996 ) was a truly dominant car on the street but the performance is just numb compared to the Z06 and I have a bunch of motor work done to mine :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Numb?? Don't think so....I ran a 2002 Z06 from a roll of about 15 to 110, and he only pulled me by just over a car length, maybe 2....not to shabby in my book. Yes, he won, but he also got to hit the gas first, and I had my top down. How much of a difference that makes, no clue, but I would not call the performance of the LT4 numb. :spanked:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Oh with the top up would be about 1 1/2 car lenght maybe 2:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah, but I'm all about how the car looks....she performs great, but nothing sexier than a C4 ragtop. :excited:

·
Registered
990 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
96LT4 said:
Numb?? Don't think so....I ran a 2002 Z06 from a roll of about 15 to 110, and he only pulled me by just over a car length, maybe 2....not to shabby in my book. Yes, he won, but he also got to hit the gas first, and I had my top down. How much of a difference that makes, no clue, but I would not call the performance of the LT4 numb. :spanked:
It all comes down to drivers, I have seen Z06's at the track run mid 13's when the car bone stock is well capable of low 12's Im saying from my driving opinion that to me the Z06 feels much sharper (handling/braking) than my GS ( I have the F-45 option as well). Its just my opinion, I love my GS no doubt but for a person looking for a maximum performance vette the Z06 hands down is the car to have.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
MVR 155 said:
It all comes down to drivers, I have seen Z06's at the track run mid 13's when the car bone stock is well capable of low 12's Im saying from my driving opinion that to me the Z06 feels much sharper (handling/braking) than my GS ( I have the F-45 option as well). Its just my opinion, I love my GS no doubt but for a person looking for a maximum performance vette the Z06 hands down is the car to have.
But... if your GS is turning 12.2's... how does it feel numb compared to the Z06?

·
Registered
990 Posts
AH HA.......Iknow what your problem is MRV155..........you have F45 and you need Z51:laughing: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Its just to me the Z06 is so light and agile that it just feels fast doing everything, braking, acceleration and cornering, its effortless to just throw the car around where to me the GS seems more cumbersome. I love my GS but to me the Z is way more fun to drive but its a common car that I see everyday, with the GS I hardly ever see another on the road. I am one of those people who is never happy with anything, when you make it fast you just want to go faster, its a sickness :D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
AH HA.......Iknow what your problem is MRV155..........you have F45 and you need Z51:laughing: :rolling: :rolling:
I can't get Z51 on a ragtop....I'm stuck with the F45 on both cars. :finger: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts