Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are some weird facts about the production of the Grand Sport.

One, I recall, is that at first they painted the car blue, then added the white stripe.... then they switched to painting the car white, then adding the blue over it (and left the stripe alone).

Can anyone confirm this? I'd be curious to hear about that and any other GS facts!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
you'd have to find one of the first cars....i know the g/s i've seen the car started white...if you run your finger tip of the paint y ou can feel that the blue is on top of the white

·
Registered
990 Posts
or is that the pinstripes ? I still think they were blue first. The pinstripes are not painted on but a kit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
...at first they painted the car blue, then added the white stripe.... then they switched to painting the car white, then adding the blue over it (and left the stripe alone).

Can anyone confirm this? I'd be curious to hear about that and any other GS facts!
That's just rumors, Patrick. Take a look at the interview with John Heinricy in the Hashmark Newsletter #5 (article starts on Page 3). The article is chock-full of GS tidbits, from the guy responsible for the program!

To view the newsletter, head over to www.grandsportregistry.com and select Newsletters from the left menu. At the bottom of the page that comes up, select Here to view Past Newsletters. Scroll down a bit to find Newsletter 5, Page 3.

Back to the paint. The cars were painted blue and cleared, then the white stripes were painted and the car cleared again. To avoid alignment problems, two-color tape was used at the edge of the white stripes.

:cheers:

Brad

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: GS trivia!

GS Ragtop said:
That's just rumors, Patrick. Take a look at the interview with John Heinricy in the Hashmark Newsletter #5 (article starts on Page 3). The article is chock-full of GS tidbits, from the guy responsible for the program!

To view the newsletter, head over to www.grandsportregistry.com and select Newsletters from the left menu. At the bottom of the page that comes up, select Here to view Past Newsletters. Scroll down a bit to find Newsletter 5, Page 3.

Back to the paint. The cars were painted blue and cleared, then the white stripes were painted and the car cleared again. To avoid alignment problems, two-color tape was used at the edge of the white stripes.

:cheers:

Brad
Cool info! I'll check out that newsletter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts