Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been able to race or really run my car over 4500 rpms, still being lazy on replacing the clutch. So, I'm prefacing this post with the fact that I have a broke car, lol.

Story:
On my way home from class the other day I was minding my own business driving down Ben Hill Griffin road(street?) and happened to get in the wrong lane. I wanted to turn left and wasn't paying attention and was stuck in a straight lane. Right after the intersection there is a turn lane that's about 500 feet up where I am going to make my u-turn to get back to the interstate. Needless to say I get stuck next to a Mustang GT of the 99-04 era. I've already wrote this page and did this dance, so I wasn't interested. I was really just wanting to get home. Not to mention I didn't have room and a broke car. Anyway, the Mustang didn't make any motion to race or anything, so I figured he was just cruising. Well the light turned green and all I heard was wheels screeching and chirping through 3 gears. I kind of laughed a little, b/c I was just sitting there and putted off the line. Good thing though. As I was crossing the intersection my radar detector started beeping slightly. By the time I got in the turn lane it was at about half strength. Once I was stopped waiting for oncoming traffic, my radar was going ape ****. I looked down the road and saw a black car put on a turn signal and then I noticed it was a Florida State Trooper. The lights came on and I just started laughing. I don't think the Mustang slowed down at all.

Moral of the story: Don't beat up on broken cars, b/c karma is a bitch.

JB

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:thumbsup: Further proof that discretion is the better part of valor.

Very sneaky, letting the LEO's handle your kills. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just figured they've gotten me enough, I should do what my mother taught me and share, lol :D

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
That's why I never run a mini, because every time I've picked on a mini, I break my ****. I think it's karma telling me to pick on cars my own size...:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts