Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got home and wanted to share the main event that occurred.

i was just doing the typical saturday night cruise around...got off work late so i got out kinda late. anyways, i was just driving around with a guy i know with a supercharged GT (very fast btw). and we see a new GT500. we slowed down to see if he wanted to run.

well..we did. and i beat him by two cars the first time. ran a few more times from a roll. All of which i won. we got to a red light and ran from a stop. of course, a lot of wheel spin, sounds of superchargers and the sound of my stock 2007 Ls2. i beat both of them that time. although not by much. i could still see his headlights in my rear view though. at about 140 he didnt start pullin. decided to shut it down.

when we stopped to talk the guy (who looked like he was 16) said "thats a bad F***ing car man" i had to say the same. gotta give it to the kid for having a car like that. although it sucks that he got beat by a gt and a stock vette with his girl in the car. oh well it was a good kill and i hope to see him again.

Isn't that car supposed to be Fords compitition for the Z06???? :laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

i was just doing the typical saturday night cruise around...got off work late so i got out kinda late. anyways, i was just driving around with a guy i know with a supercharged GT (very fast btw). and we see a new GT500. we slowed down to see if he wanted to run.

well..we did. and i beat him by two cars the first time. ran a few more times from a roll. All of which i won. we got to a red light and ran from a stop. of course, a lot of wheel spin, sounds of superchargers and the sound of my stock 2007 Ls2. i beat both of them that time. although not by much. i could still see his headlights in my rear view though. at about 140 he didnt start pullin. decided to shut it down.

when we stopped to talk the guy (who looked like he was 16) said "thats a bad F***ing car man" i had to say the same. gotta give it to the kid for having a car like that. although it sucks that he got beat by a gt and a stock vette with his girl in the car. oh well it was a good kill and i hope to see him again.

That's what the mags say but the extra weight keeps it behind our C6s.

:cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re : isn't that car supposed to be Ford's competition to the ZO 6 ? ...
As an advertiser , you can say just about anything to the unsuspecting public , But at some point you need to prove it . Advertised H.P. numbers don't always indicate who the " winner " will be , they just look good on paper . Ford can put 900 H.P. in the Mustang , and I will still be driving my Corvette !
;)

·
Banned
176 Posts
I had some 50 year oldguy with one that kept smirking at me at the track in the staging lanes. (I was like, does he like me or someting weird)
He had a pulley, exhaust and drag radials making over 600HP. I had long tubes and stock tires. He did not smirk in my direction after he saw me run 11:6 just after his 11:5. The tower kept egging us on to run them heads up but he wouldn't get near me. I was fine either way.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Street racing is irresponsible, stupid, and dangerous. Hopefully you won't hurt anyone else:down:

SOF Vette
I have to agree:down: I guess if you're on a looooong stretch of uninhabited back road or interstate, I can look the other way, but from the description of the location you mention, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Some sites promote street racing others don't. Since this was posted in a "Kill section", I assume we do:rolleyes:

Take it to the track!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Good kill:thumbsup: And to everyone else, stop light racing is not a big deal as long as your not dumb about it....well in florida if the cops catch you steet racing they can take your car!! and that is a big deal:laughing:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Must be getting old:laughing:
It's a Ford:nuts:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts

Great Story :thumbsup: :nuts:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Good kill:thumbsup: And to everyone else, stop light racing is not a big deal as long as your not dumb about it....well in florida if the cops catch you steet racing they can take your car!! and that is a big deal:laughing:

In Florida, you'll lose your care to siezure, gain a criminal offense for your permanent record, get the "opportunity" to serve your community, increase a local attorney's wealth (add mod money to his pocket), and may loose your DL.

Other than that, it's no big deal:rolling:

BTW, stoplilghts are usually found at high traffic intersections and on busy highways in the city. No place to be racing. Confimes are too close and there's too many uncontrolable variable:down:

But, it was a nice story.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You give the guy no credit for his ability to determine that what he was doing was going to be OK. There's no guarantees but IMO its better to let the man have his story, sounded reasonable, and leave it at that. We've lost so much of our freedoms to government's power- and money-grabs that to do it to ourselves, especially chastise one of our own, is unnecessary. Government exists to take our freedoms! We need to push back! When I was a teenager, the police would hear us coming as they sat in their cars doing their paperwork. All we got from them as we spooled-down to cruise by is a little hand gesture signaling us to 'slow it down' boys. If we got caught with beer in our cars, we got told it was time to take it home. Sometimes the cops 'confiscated' the evidence without pouring it out. They're are tragedies in everyday life. I'm sick of this safety-crat, grief-counselor society. And in the next few years, government is only going to be watching us more closely with the aid of technology. We're not criminals! We're the engines of commerce and protectors of freedom. We're also the ones who, outside of our loud pedals, are the ones who are law-abiding citizens. The first to comply.

·
Registered
313 Posts

I just read an article that a stock LS2 is faster in all aspects than the GT 500

·
Registered
265 Posts
Those supercharged Ford ponys are pretty wimpy. Usually (at the dragstrip - really) all the LS2 are faster than all the Mustangs. Surprised me the first time.:nuts:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
You give the guy no credit for his ability to determine that what he was doing was going to be OK. There's no guarantees but IMO its better to let the man have his story, sounded reasonable, and leave it at that. We've lost so much of our freedoms to government's power- and money-grabs that to do it to ourselves, especially chastise one of our own, is unnecessary. Government exists to take our freedoms! We need to push back! When I was a teenager, the police would hear us coming as they sat in their cars doing their paperwork. All we got from them as we spooled-down to cruise by is a little hand gesture signaling us to 'slow it down' boys. If we got caught with beer in our cars, we got told it was time to take it home. Sometimes the cops 'confiscated' the evidence without pouring it out. They're are tragedies in everyday life. I'm sick of this safety-crat, grief-counselor society. And in the next few years, government is only going to be watching us more closely with the aid of technology. We're not criminals! We're the engines of commerce and protectors of freedom. We're also the ones who, outside of our loud pedals, are the ones who are law-abiding citizens. The first to comply.
Lifetime card holding member of the ACLU I suppose? :rolling: JFWY. You make some valid points:thumbsup:

I've just seen too many fatalities in my years, many of them racing or reckless driving related.

I still say: "Take it to the track."

But to the thread starter, it's still a cool story:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
One fatality is too many!

ACLU card member? Do you have any idea what a vile organization the ACLU is?! They don't represent anything any vette owner I've ever encountered believes and you, too, obviously don't like them as you tried to put me down by associating me with them. Why'd you try to put me down, anyway?! Doesn't make you look any better!

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
One fatality is too many!

ACLU card member? Do you have any idea what a vile organization the ACLU is?! They don't represent anything any vette owner I've ever encountered believes and you, too, obviously don't like them as you tried to put me down by associating me with them. Why'd you try to put me down, anyway?! Doesn't make you look any better!
Dude, chill out. You're gonna give yourself a stroke:laughing:

Reading is FUN-damental!
Here's what I said:

Lifetime card holding member of the ACLU I suppose? JFWY. You make some valid points
Pleae note the underlined language. It stands for Just F**king With You:laughing: Wasn't trying to put you down or build myself up. I have no need or desire to do that. Kinda the BTDT Burned the T-shirt type here, so there's really no reason to belittle anyone else.:thumbsup:

Yes, I've very much aware of the ACLU and it's agenda. Do I "like" them? I guess it's a love hate relationship. They've done some great things to advance our freedoms. They've also done a lot to Styme (is that a word or a charachter from the Little Rascals?:laughing: ) law enforcement efforts and Homeland Security. I guess it just depends on what they are doing this month?

They too seem to believe more in a hands off approach to government and that we (the people) are being oppressed by said government. Kinda sounded like what you were epousing and since thats the 1st thing that popped into my tiny pea-brain, thats what I wrote:rolling:

If it offended you, you have my apologies......

Later.:buhbye: :cheers:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Lifetime card holding member of the ACLU I suppose? :rolling: JFWY. You make some valid points:thumbsup:

I've just seen too many fatalities in my years, many of them racing or reckless driving related.

I still say: "Take it to the track."

But to the thread starter, it's still a cool story:thumbsup:
Thats a good point... the story (and all kill stories) are cool, but there is a staunch reality that it ruins people's lives if taken too far. I don't mind goosing it up to the speed limit (or a little above) if we're at a stoplight, but 140+ is pushing it.

Point in case... for the Air Force, I have a top secret clearance (any pilot does) if you get a reckless driving ticket, that clearance will get pulled since it demonstrates 'a blatant disrespect for established legal protocols'

Sometimes, its even better to let the other guy spin his tires and get the ticket while you cruise by low and slow knowing you've got the baddest b**ch on the block:thumbsup:

But....... it was a sweet story, glad the ford boys got their's:partyon:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Thats a good point... the story (and all kill stories) are cool, but there is a staunch reality that it ruins people's lives if taken too far. I don't mind goosing it up to the speed limit (or a little above) if we're at a stoplight, but 140+ is pushing it.

Point in case... for the Air Force, I have a top secret clearance (any pilot does) if you get a reckless driving ticket, that clearance will get pulled since it demonstrates 'a blatant disrespect for established legal protocols'

Sometimes, its even better to let the other guy spin his tires and get the ticket while you cruise by low and slow knowing you've got the baddest b**ch on the block:thumbsup:

But....... it was a sweet story, glad the ford boys got their's:partyon:
:agree:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well it was 3 am. out in western oklahoma. four lane highway. two lanes going both directions with a huge median. there is nothing but wheat fields and cows. and this stop light is just a flashing red light. there were no other cars. so if that is irresponsible and stupid then i guess thats what i am. maybe you were speaking for the better interest of the safety of cattle. but what do i know? the nearest track is an hour and 15 minutes away. no thanks

:rolleyes:

glad yall liked the story though

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.