Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is having trouble naming her new car. Its a dark red Accord sedan and Burnadette just popped in my head. Followed by an argument on the rules for naming a car.

My personal guidelines are that all cars are females and I usually tend to go with a classic name something you don't hear anymore.

Are there specific rules that you go by?

Are there any car specific rules, say for corvettes, that you go by?

She suggested that the name should start with the same letter as the model name. I disagree.

Have all of you named your cars/vettes?

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....naming rules......:huh:

..how about;...Accordion..(kinda sounds like Accord + Sedan) + (you could push it or pull it)........:laughing:

....good luck.....:D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
....naming rules......:huh:

..how about;...Accordion..(kinda sounds like Accord + Sedan) + (you could push it or pull it)........:laughing:

....good luck.....:D
:rolling: I have an Accord as a DD, and that is funny **** :rolling:. My car was named by my wife. She just started calling her Patience and I liked it, so it stuck. I don't see any reason to throw a bunch of rules into it. I do agree that they should get female names. What movie was it that had the quote "treat her like a lady and she will always bring you home"? After I heard that the female name thing stuck.

·
Registered
534 Posts
i think some vehicles should have guy names. my Z has big hairy balls. there is no way its a girl. :laughing: I have a burgundy chevy pickup. his name is Ron Burgundy :smack

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
mine are just the wife and mistress.. they swap names depending on who is costing me the most and giving me the most...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I've named all my cars/trucks

Currently,
My 75 Vette is Gretchen - When I brought her home she was a total mess.. She was a barn find, and didn't look too bad after scrubbing her down "But the boys say I clean up real good" From Gretchen Wilson. The name stuck!

My X-Terra is Red, so I call her Rebecca!

Of course, my previous truck was a BIG Dodge Quad-Cab, and was dark blue - "Big Blue" was his name!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts