Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question, what would you do if a shop/vendor told you that they wanted to do a set up on your C6 and that you'd be the guinia pig, but it promised good results with no negative drivability. On top of that, the parts are mega inexpensive and are top of the line quality. I don't want to divuldge too much, but I'm gonna do it in a few weeks. If any of you know me, I'm more addicted to speed than Rick James was to cocaine, and the promise of something new, unique ,powerful and effecient piqued my interest, so I'm gonna go through with it. Any input? BTW, I may be selling some "spare parts" in the future, thats my only hint at what may be coming....:D :D

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
you said "inexpensive", I'm assuming you meant 'expensive'. Is it reversible?

Dude, if it sounds like something cool and you trust the shop, I'd do it! I've been a guinea pig before, always fun to see what you can do with new stuff:partyon:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I would only do it if:

After they got done installing and testing on my vehicle - I get to keep the part(s) - with some kind of warranty.

If something goes wrong they fix it - or return it to stock so I can go in for warranty work.

....thats about it.

If you have this conversation with them and they agree - I say go for it!!

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do mean inexpensive...lol. If this goes well, I feel that a ton of C6 owners will go this route. We're talking the amount of $$ that a catback and install costs for hopefully 25-40 rwhp gain.:D I gotta go...said too much...lol.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
I do mean inexpensive...lol. If this goes well, I feel that a ton of C6 owners will go this route. We're talking the amount of $$ that a catback and install costs for hopefully 25-40 rwhp gain.:D I gotta go...said too much...lol.
Wow! Now I'm really interested in where this is going. Now spill the beans dammit!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Time to get a patent on it before they do....:laughing: :laughing:

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Wow! Now I'm really interested in where this is going. Now spill the beans dammit!:laughing:
My guesses:

A. Turbo setup
B. Heads, cam, exhaust package
C. Supercharger setup

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully I'll know more as to when the work will be done by the end of next week, if so ,I'll post. I'm just waiting on the "stuff" to show up, which was ordered this morn, so it'll be probally around mid week, then I need to get worked in the shop schedual. Beyond that, I'll post the results. I have heard of a couple of others doing this, but with different setups and more (hint) CNC work. The cost is whats amazing to me, like I said, the parts are the same price or less than alot of catbacks on the market, and offers good, reliable power throught the band. Stay tuned:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
If you trust them go for it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Get the details in writing from the shop. No matter how much you trust them, if things go wrong get it in writing that they will repair any damage and return your car to the way it was.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no worries about the shop, and lets just say the part manufacturer is one of the biggest on the planet....and the stuff has a warranty:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Parts came in today, have to return one though,due to damage( I think UPS played "beat up the mystery box"), it should be replaced by weeks end. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hopefully I'll know more as to when the work will be done by the end of next week, if so ,I'll post. I'm just waiting on the "stuff" to show up, which was ordered this morn, so it'll be probally around mid week, then I need to get worked in the shop schedual. Beyond that, I'll post the results. I have heard of a couple of others doing this, but with different setups and more (hint) CNC work. The cost is whats amazing to me, like I said, the parts are the same price or less than alot of catbacks on the market, and offers good, reliable power throught the band. Stay tuned:thumbsup:
Not a Tornado throttle body enhancer is it...:rolling:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's actually a team of 16 crackhead squirrels on a non-belt driven roots type supercharger...very experimental...lol.

BTW, I'm gonna spill the beans.....its the L92/L76 GM setup....factory warranty covered and only $1500.00 for all the parts,etc..I'm even making back some of the $$ selling my old heads and FAST intake. Anyone need a stock LS2 intake and cam for any reason?:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts