Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the drag strip and decided to take out my MAF screen.

The car picked up 2 MPH and 2 tenths. Wacky?!?!

But, since removing the MAF screen my car is giving me the Service Engine Soon light.

What do I do?:huh:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just out of curiousity how soon after removing the screen did the SES light kick on?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VetteTech81 said:
Just out of curiousity how soon after removing the screen did the SES light kick on?
Immediately. I gutted the MAF, sat in the car and started it... the light was on.:(

·
Registered
509 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Immediately. I gutted the MAF, sat in the car and started it... the light was on.:(
Hmm here is a dumb question did you maybe put it in backwards?

Also maybe one of the pins for the electrical connector got bent or something like that...

If these are a big NO then I would say you need to pull the Code(s) which I unfortunately do not know of anyway to do on ODBII without a scan tool. Also would be nice to see scan tool data aswell as code info.. makes for easier diagnosis..

Hope that helps...
-Rick

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VetteTech81 said:
Hmm here is a dumb question did you maybe put it in backwards?

Also maybe one of the pins for the electrical connector got bent or something like that...

If these are a big NO then I would say you need to pull the Code(s) which I unfortunately do not know of anyway to do on ODBII without a scan tool. Also would be nice to see scan tool data aswell as code info.. makes for easier diagnosis..

Hope that helps...
-Rick
I'm going to re-check everything in a few minutes, just to make sure nothing popped off. I'm pretty sure it isn't on backwards.

Thanks for your help, I'll keep you updated!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I'm an ASS!!!!

I didn't snap in the bottom connector. Jeez.
Thats ok, thats why they pay me the big bucks...
LoL

-Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts