Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with that?

Turned right onto a busy 4 lane road driving at a normal speed. I looked in my rearview mirror and the light changes green. I'm doing 45 in a 40 but when I look again in my mirror I see this car catching up to me. A ricer gets along side of me now and gives a couple of WOT showing off his fart pipe and takes off.

I just started :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I tried to make it showtime by pacing a green light ahead so it was red when we got to it. Of course the ricer I guess didn't want to show his friends his car killing another vette so he turned right at the light. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Someone needs to beat that kid :D I cant stand when they do that ****

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,567 Posts
cruzr said:
I LOVE IT!! Blow that image up to side glass size and hold it up next time one of those P.O.S. ricer's give you trouble. Dam dog gnats.:laughing:

I love it. That would be so cool:laughing:

·
Registered
17 Posts
a Mustang did that to me yesterday and got pulled over in a constuction zone.

Officer: Sir do you understand constuction zone = 2x fine?

Idiot: DOH.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I had an Alfa Romeo do that to me last week as I was turning onto the installation...I pulled over to let him pass and he put on the 4 ways like he won something! My wife and I just laughed I can imagine him telling his buds that he beat a Vette and NOBODY believing him :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hardly ever get that (only two occasions in three yrs)...maybe it's the Raceway Park registration numbes on the hatch & windshield along with the exhaust sound.:laughing:

Once retruning from the strip a Honda waited for me at a toll gate; he was peaking in 2nd gear while I was still winding 1st so I let him have "the win".

On another occasion a young guy in a big Chevy asked me to "do it"; I rolled off the light and then pulled him up to the posted limit. At the next light he said "nice car, vey nice". He looked and sounded too much like an off-duty cop to realy play in traffic; hence no wheel spin and nothing over the posted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Some of the Alfas can be evil in their homeland. They run carburetors and are not detuned for America emissions. My oldest son has an Alfa graduate with so so perforance. A mechanic told him if he wanted to spring for the european set up the little guy could hold its own with most of what is on the road. Too much of a hassle with the local emissions testing - hard enough getting through detuned stock.:lookinup:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
This Alfa seemed pretty stock. We were at around 1/4 throttle, when he did the fly by, that's what made it so funny.:laughing:

Joe

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm with Mike.
I have no idea why but I get this **** ALL the time.
Ricers, Grand Am's, S10 pickups, Neon's, 3rd gens, VW's, a few rustangs, you name it I have had it try to race me or do some stupid ****. They'll ride your ass till sun comes up but won't pull up next to you, one time I was tired of it and switched lanes at the light, litterally, The bastard put his car in Reverse and still managed to get behind me. -lol
and yes they ALWAYS just happen to be turning at the light :rolleyes:
It happens so often half the time I'm at a light I don't even bother anymore, it's a waste of time. No pride lost IMO, anyone with half a brain in thier head knows a cavalier w/ a fart pipe on it isn't going to smoke a vette, or much else for that matter.

I don't get it, my car does not look fast. Maybe they think because it's a convertible it's slow ? OR maybe I'm just a ****tard magnet :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Though I rarely get a "challenge" on the street I do occasionally get a tailgater.

When I have one of those idiots linger on my bumper I find an on-ramp and watch em fade out going into the first bend.

I can only imagine the panic as their vehicle begins to tip like it's going over...and with an SUV it's realy possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts