Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Whos going to be laughing at vette fans when the blue devil comes out?

·
Registered
316 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Whos going to be laughing at vette fans when the blue devil comes out?
No need to wait..... Add one Stage 2 DISC ATI Blower to either a C6 or a Z06 and this new VIPER with 600 crank HP (480 RWHP) will be sucking on your exhaust fumes ALL DAY LONG!

Doc

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ha, I love the Q and A.

Will the car have stripes?

No.

·
Registered
477 Posts
this new VIPER with 600 crank HP (480 RWHP)
A 600bhp car would have to be putting down 510rwhp to make 600 CRANK IE...
510/.85 = 600 ------.85 = 15% driveline w/manual trans loss some would even suggest as low as 13%..

Anyhow, it wont be putting 480 rwhp down, deff 510+rwhp

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
No need to wait..... Add one Stage 2 DISC ATI Blower to either a C6 or a Z06 and this new VIPER with 600 crank HP (480 RWHP) will be sucking on your exhaust fumes ALL DAY LONG!

Doc
You don't need a SC for the Z06 to out perform the Viper. A Head,Cam, Header tune will put the Z06 beyond the 600hp mark.

:cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
A 600bhp car would have to be putting down 510rwhp to make 600 CRANK IE...
510/.85 = 600 ------.85 = 15% driveline w/manual trans loss some would even suggest as low as 13%..

Anyhow, it wont be putting 480 rwhp down, deff 510+rwhp
OK but your comments are just as ambiguous as mine UNLESS your conversion figure is bang on the money. I simply used a more conservative
.80 conversion figure allowing for up to 20% loss along the drive train..... How do you know the VIPER is going to be any more efficient than that?
A: YOU DON'T b/c the car isn't even in production yet.
I guess only time will tell - ehh?. it would also be interesting to see what the actual flywheel and rwhp figures are with current day Vipers. Any DC Crew members out there that also own Vipers? - Have they got any Dyno figures they can share?

·
Registered
316 Posts
You don't need a SC for the Z06 to out perform the Viper. A Head,Cam, Header tune will put the Z06 beyond the 600hp mark.

:cheers:
In broad strokes yes, perhaps it might. but then you also need to consider little things like power to weight ratio, gearing, curb weight and driveline efficiencies before you start stating emphatically that a Z06 (with the mods u listed) will out perform the new Viper..... Sure, a SC unit might be overkill but who amongst us would simply want to just beat a VIPER when we could wipe the streets with them?

Doc.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
In broad strokes yes, perhaps it might. but then you also need to consider little things like power to weight ratio, gearing, curb weight and driveline efficiencies before you start stating emphatically that a Z06 (with the mods u listed) will out perform the new Viper..... Sure, a SC unit might be overkill but who amongst us would simply want to just beat a VIPER when we could wipe the streets with them?

Doc.
Well the Viper weighs about 3400 pound. The ZO6 weights 3132 pounds, but lets just say 3200 pounds.

3400 divided by 600 is 5.6 pounds per horespower.

3200 divided by 505 is 6.3 pounds per horsepower

3200 divided by 575 is 5.5 pounds per horsepower (modded car)

575 is a real number that can be done with the mods that midnite902 mentioned , and that's 25 less horses than the Viper. Put a slightly, and I say slightly modded Z againts an 8.4 liter Viper and it's a drivers race.

Jr.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well the Viper weighs about 3400 pound. The ZO6 weights 3132 pounds, but lets just say 3200 pounds.

3400 divided by 600 is 5.6 pounds per horespower.

3200 divided by 505 is 6.3 pounds per horsepower

3200 divided by 575 is 5.5 pounds per horsepower (modded car)

575 is a real number that can be done with the mods that midnite902 mentioned , and that's 25 less horses than the Viper. Put a slightly, and I say slightly modded Z againts an 8.4 liter Viper and it's a drivers race.

Jr.

AGREED......With current LS2 mods, my C6 generates approx. 560 RWHP and even though I'm running PFADT's and 345 ZR 19 rubber, TRACTION is still, by far, my biggest limiting factor..... and so when you start talking about 600+ crank HP, unless you are limiting Detonation (like C6Dude is by installing a RaceLogic Traction Control system) I will agree wholeheartedly with Jr.'s comments that "it's a drivers race".

Doc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2OO8 VIPER IS NOTHING TO A Z06
CORVETTE Z06 IS 505 = 455 10%
VIPER SRT10 IS 510 =447 12.4% HAHAHAHA
ICAN WEIGHT TELL 2008 VIPER COME I WANT TO SMOKET WITH MY 200 Z06 JETSTREAM BLUE:rolling: :devil:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I must admit, I couldn't decipher your post, but good luck beating a Viper with a Z06...:lookinup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts