Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there was nothing to do in the house today so my dad and I decide to go out driving. We get ready and he tells me "get the camera and meet me out in the car". I got the camera and met him out in the car. We go driving, working our way to the school parking lot, he said he wanted to try and take some shots of the car since it was a nice day. He circles around and stops the car, gets out, i get out and he comes to my side. I ask him "You're going to take some pics HERE, with no background, and with your driver door open?". He climbes in the passenger side and tells me, go get in. I was all :D 's when he said that. Its manual and had never driven manual before. I had the general idea of how to do it but I will admit it was pretty difficult and I did get going. So half of my dream came true...I got to drive my dream car.

Whats the half that didn't come true you ask? ...I didn't get to go over 150+ MPH and didn't get to do some burnouts/doughnuts! :laughing:

He said that I would probably need to drive a different car next time rather than driving a Vette that just wants "get up and go" so much. Practice makes pefect i guess. Well, Just had to share how my days been so AWESOME!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Glad you got half your dream, and Good luck with the second half.:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Right-on,baby steps.Next time maybe you can cruise out on the open highway....:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I got to drive my dad's 68 way back in 89 I think. I was in high school and got to drive it through the back of the neighborhood. Never got out of second but I didn't care it was great.

Congrats:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Sounds like you have a cool dad :thumbsup:

Practice, Practice, Practice on the manual bud. You'll get the hang of it.

:cheers:

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Congrats to those few who have driven a Vette. :cheers:

Anybody have the stats on percentage of world pop that have one or driven one?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow, that was cool of your Dad to do!! My Dad first taught me how to drive stick when I was 10 on a GREMLIN!! :laughing:

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
re half dream

you seem to have a careing dad thats a full measure of a dream best wishes cosmo:buhbye:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts