Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get these done but I'm not going to do them myself. I'm thinking about using Vansteel's service - getting the non-zerk ones. Good idea (about using Vansteel)??
I see that Vansteel was once a forum sponser a couple of years ago but not now - should that mean anything to me:huh:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Call around locally first to the "truck shop driveline shops" as you will save a ton of monies shipping. I just had my driveshaft done with spicers for $22 for each spicer and then $15 labor on each joint...so in total $75 and they did a great job and it took them less than 30 minutes to replace them.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Check my sticky post above on replacing them. I like and use Spicers but the flanges have to be right and the plastic rings checked. Once installed and running they have been fine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check my sticky post above on replacing them. I like and use Spicers but the flanges have to be right and the plastic rings checked. Once installed and running they have been fine.
Will do. I've done them myself in the past (and screwed up a flange:smack ) and don't want to deal with them myself. I'll check your sticky. Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call around locally first to the "truck shop driveline shops" as you will save a ton of monies shipping. I just had my driveshaft done with spicers for $22 for each spicer and then $15 labor on each joint...so in total $75 and they did a great job and it took them less than 30 minutes to replace them.

I really wouldn't trust any local butcher around me. Thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Look at your tubes for flat spots where held in a vise. A vise or press isn't needed until you're ready to install the new caps and then only light pressure is required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts