Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/business/29halliburton.html?src=busln

Shares in Halliburton, the oilfield services provider, fell sharply Thursday minutes after a report by a presidential commission found that cement the company used to seal the BP well in the Gulf of Mexico was unstable.

[...]

The report found that the cement that Halliburton recommended to seal the well was unstable in tests and might have contributed to the blowout that killed 11. The commission staff determined, the report said, that Halliburton had conducted three laboratory tests that indicated that the cement mixture did not meet industry standards.

The result of at least one of those tests was given on March 8 to BP, according to investigators. Another Halliburton cement test, about a week before the blowout of the well on April 20, also found the mixture to be unstable, yet those findings were never sent to BP.
AFAIC, this news of little interest, the only reason I'm posting this is in answer to those who have stipulating that foreigners are responsible for the mess.

Halliburton HQ is in Houston, TX, so I would think that this company qualifies as an "American" company.

:cheers:

Fluffy.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
So Halliburton tested the material, found it not suitable, sent the results to BP, and BP decided to use the mixture anyway. Tell me again how this is Halliburton's fault?:huh:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Told you guys that nothing will happen to BP. I said 15 billion... it was 20 billion. It was a circus. The administration knows how the left feels about Halliburton... and is using them as a scapegoat to deflect accusations of mismanagement by this administration... and daz boot.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
The Dem's have already blamed it all on Bush...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts