Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Orange County Corvette. Took about 30 minutes for Sean and Paul to install the exhaust, took about 20 minutes for me to install the Halltech Stinger.

LOVE EM' BOTH! The exhaust is super clean, totally lets out the LS1's hidden rumble. Probably hard to install without a lift. Came safely packaged from Borla, no dents dings or scratches. Car has a quiet rumble at idle (so driving by a cop = take car out of gear) and when running through my 6spd that exhaust came alive. Turned heads all the way home. More than just a seat of your pants feel, car ran much healthier.

Halltech stinger was super easy to install. The online directions at their website were great with color photos to aid the process. One thing, have a set of pliers handy because you will drop the air tube plastic connector inside your airbox. Other than that, getting the Stinger to mate to the air bridge would have sucked had it not been for the clever trick mentioned in the directions of turning the Stinger upsidedown, then turning it clockwise into place above the radiator. Great tip! Pix and sound clip below.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

STOCK ON LEFT, HALLTECH ON RIGHT:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Friggn sweet lookin Borlas:partyon:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats on your new mods. I also run the two tip Stingers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
That exhaust is sick!!!!!

:partyon:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
When I had my '00 coupe, the Halltech and Borla Stinger duo were my first mods, I can remember smiling from ear to ear the first time I heard them fired up! Great combo, you've gotta be a happy man!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I love the halltech stinger. It couldn't be any easier to install, it's cake to inspect the filter. Just love it. You can feel the better inhaling.:partyon:

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
What's your opinion of the interior resonance at cruising speed signedfor4? That's the biggest complaint I have heard about the Stingers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's your opinion of the interior resonance at cruising speed signedfor4? That's the biggest complaint I have heard about the Stingers.
I honestly haven't had a problem with that, even at cruising speeds, and if there were drone, a quick change in speed would eliminate it. Honestly the system is perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts