Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,
I take a ride up to see Jim Hall to have a my 03 Tuned, and as I'm pulling into his driveway, he is pulling out his C6Z, and I'm thinking what a way to start a tune!

After a brief intro, Jim opens the hood on his Z and shows me his brand new "Killer Bee" CAI and LS7 MAF set up and asks if I would mind if we tried this set up on my car. :surprised

So after some R&D, Mock up, Fabrication, and some re-programing of the MAF tables, my 03 is sitting there with a "Killer Bee" CAI and a LS7 MAF. :thud:

Now I'm starting to feel like the kid from Christmas Story when he got his Red Ryder!

Now remember this hasn't been tried before.

Jim looks over and says (with a smile) "Let's see if she'll start"

And Start she did. After she learned her idle, Jim and I were off for some test runs.

All I can say is Holy $^%! This was a whole new animal! :devil:

Once Jim was done, he insisted I make a few runs without him in the car. Oooooh Yeah!!! :devil: Response was instant, 1st, 2nd, and half of 3rd was breaking the ass loose! And I wasn't even trying, it just seemed like it would pull forever.

So it was back to Jim's to re-install my Stinger and stock MAF :down: for now. I can't wait for Jim to get this on the market!

Jim estimates 14 RWHP, I will post again after we do a few DYNO pulls in the very near future.

The was a very noticable differance on the drive home between the "Killer Bee" and my stock MAF, but the tune I have now is still a HUGE improvement from stock. Not to mention on the ride up I was averaging 19 mph and on the way home 29 mph! :thumbsup:

Let me tell you guys, Jim is a class act! He explained everything he was doing during then tune and answered any questions I could have ever asked without even blinking a eye!

Hope you Guys enjoyed this. I know I did!

TG

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I can't wait to see the dyno numbers on this mod:thumbsup:

If Jim's MAF is anything like my LPE 100mm MAF it is more about responsiveness than total HP gain. My car was fast without the 100mm MAF but after the install the power comes on so quick it took some getting used to. Don't know if it the 100mm or the Hatachi blade MAF but I could feel the difference.

:cheers:

·
Registered
191 Posts
cool!!!! I am fixing to get my KBAISS in the next few weeks. :partyon:

That was one hell of a road trip for a tune.. Illinois to Wisconsin in how many hours???

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
He's a cool dude. He sweeten'd up the tune on the DC Z the day I picked up the C6 from EVS Chevrolet.

Good to see new products coming from Halltech. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't wait to see the dyno numbers on this mod:thumbsup:

If Jim's MAF is anything like my LPE 100mm MAF it is more about responsiveness than total HP gain. My car was fast without the 100mm MAF but after the install the power comes on so quick it took some getting used to. Don't know if it the 100mm or the Hatachi blade MAF but I could feel the difference.

:cheers:
You and me both brother!

You are absolutly right about the responsiveness, it will take some getting used to, however I think could get used to it pretty quick. :laughing:

From what I understand, Jim's is 103mm with the LS7 blade style MAF.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool!!!! I am fixing to get my KBAISS in the next few weeks. :partyon:

That was one hell of a road trip for a tune.. Illinois to Wisconsin in how many hours???
You will feel a difference. :thumbsup:

The drive was great, except for the crappy stretch of road right @ the border.

From my driveway to Jim's was 1hr 40min, and we all know that any time spent in a vette is time well spent! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's a cool dude. He sweeten'd up the tune on the DC Z the day I picked up the C6 from EVS Chevrolet.

Good to see new products coming from Halltech. :thumbsup:
:agree:

Patrick,

Jim was telling me he is just waiting for you to get some free time, so he can get this system on the DCZ!

By the time you get some of your projects taken care of, he should have the production version ready.

Thanks again for turning me on to Jim! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
:agree:

Patrick,

Jim was telling me he is just waiting for you to get some free time, so he can get this system on the DCZ!

By the time you get some of your projects taken care of, he should have the production version ready.

Thanks again for turning me on to Jim! :thumbsup:
Thanks Tony. We have the Killer Bee AAIS shipping now on the C6Z and C6. The C6 Killer Bee requires the probe MAF from the LS7, which then makes it essential to recalibrate the MAF table over to the new code. No way around this.

As soon as Patrick gets his butt up here we'll get the C5 Killer Bee done. The ECM will also need the MAF code change. Tuning, and new MAF sensor, wire harness conversion, and the Killer Bee makes the package pretty costly, but this package is worth at least 20 or more RWHP over the stock AIS.

Jim:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts