Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new Hal Tech air on my 98 Pace this past weekend. Have a question though. Does anyone know what to do with the 1/4" (looks like a air sensor line) that entered the intake plenum just forward of the Throttle body There was no hole on the new one where the stock had an entry port. I just left it alone and after everything reset, the computer check engine light has gone out. I was just wondering should I plug this or remove it completely. It does not seem to hurt perfomrance (150mph plus with the top down on the highway with no probem) PS: Lowered her at the same time. WOOOOOOW should have done that a long time ago..

Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
There is a hole in my airfilter to plug that thing in.

I think it needs to be plugged in for monitoring air before the MAF. Something doesn't sound right with your filter.

PIC

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
lookingforc5 is correct.The 97-00 have an IAT (air intake temp.) sensor located in the air bridge.Haltech has the correct bridge with hole in it. Or you can drill your own and put it in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the wrong one

lookingforc5 is correct.The 97-00 have an IAT (air intake temp.) sensor located in the air bridge.Haltech has the correct bridge with hole in it. Or you can drill your own and put it in.
Thanks
Looks like I have the wrong one. I will drill a hole and modify the bridge. Thanks again for the help. I did not know there was a change.

Bugsy

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, glad I read this now. I was about to purchase the stinger intake and was curious what the difference really was. So you are in Ocala? I'm up in Gatorville.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It worked out great.

Wow, glad I read this now. I was about to purchase the stinger intake and was curious what the difference really was. So you are in Ocala? I'm up in Gatorville.

STINGER IS AWESOME. Just needed to drill a hole in the air bridge to adapt to my year. No problem. It worked out great!!!

Bye the Way, GO GATORS!! Do you have a vette club up there, how about racetrack activities at the famed Gainseville Raceway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts