Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2010/10/sarah-palin-201010?currentPage=all

"Sarah Palin: The Sound and the Fury
Even as Sarah Palin’s public voice grows louder, she has become increasingly secretive, walling herself off from old friends and associates, and attempting to enforce silence from those around her. Following the former Alaska governor’s road show, the author delves into the surreal new world Palin now inhabits—a place of fear, anger, and illusion, which has swallowed up the engaging, small-town hockey mom and her family—and the sadness she has left in her wake."

" The crowd’s ample applause at these lines swells to something vastly bigger when Palin vows defiantly that “come November, we’re taking our country back!” The phrase plays on the name of this event, “Winning America Back,” which has been billed as a Tea Party rally organized by a grassroots Missouri political-action committee that no one had heard of until a few months ago, when the event was announced.

Behind the curtain, Piper plays with other children, oblivious to the speech. She runs in circles, plays hide-and-seek, poses for snapshots, and generally acts as if she were in another world—until she gets the signal to do her job: march to the podium, pick up Palin’s speech, and allow Palin to make a public display of maternal affection.

On cue, Piper parts the curtain. As the child appears, a loud and doting “Awww” melts through the crowd."

"Palin does not always treat those ordinary people well, however—it depends on who is watching. Of the many famous people who have stayed at the Hyatt in Wichita (Cher, Reba McEntire, Neil Young), Sarah Palin ranks as the all-time worst tipper: $5 for seven bags. But the bellhops had it good in Kansas, compared with the bellman at another midwestern hotel who waited up until past midnight for Palin and her entourage to check in—and then got no tip at all for 10 bags. He was stiffed again at checkout time. The same went for the maids who cleaned Palin’s rooms in both places—no tip whatsoever. The only time I heard of Palin giving a generous tip was in St. Joseph, Michigan, after the owner of Kilwin’s chocolate shop, on State Street, sent a CARE package to Palin’s suite, and Palin walked to the store to say thank you. She also wanted to buy more boxes of candy to take home. When the owner would not accept her money, Palin, encircled by the crowd that had jammed the store to get a glimpse of her, pressed a hundred-dollar bill into the woman’s hand, saying, “This is for the staff.” That Ben Franklin was the talk of State Street the whole rest of the day."

For Ponch::thumbsup:

"During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from?”

The intensity of Palin’s temper was first described to me in such extreme terms that I couldn’t help but wonder if it might be exaggerated, until I heard corroborating tales of outbursts dating back to her days as mayor of Wasilla and before. One friend of the Palins’ remembers an argument between Sarah and Todd: “They took all the canned goods out of the pantry, then proceeded to throw them at each other. By the time they got done, the stainless-steel fridge looked like it had got shot up with a shotgun. Todd said, ‘I don’t know why I even waste my time trying to get nice things for you if you’re just going to ruin them.’ ” This friend adds, “As soon as she enters her property and the door closes, even the insects in that house cringe. She has a horrible temper, but she has gotten away with it because she is a pretty woman.”

"(The friend elaborated on this last point: “Once, while Sarah was preparing for a city-council meeting, she said, ‘I’m gonna put on one of my push-up bras so I can get what I want tonight.’ That’s how she rolls.”)"

"Early in the 2008 campaign, when John McCain’s aides discovered that Alaska-size gaps existed in Palin’s general knowledge (among those previously unreported: she had no idea who Margaret Thatcher was), they from time to time would give her some books to read in hopes of improving the candidate’s learning curve. On one such occasion, Palin accepted the books, set them aside, and for the next 25 minutes was held rapt by one of her three BlackBerrys.

Eventually, an aide asked, “What are you working on?”

“I’m reading these great e-mails,” she said, “from the prayer warriors.”

On the road, Palin gives “prayer warriors” regular shout-outs. She did it in Wichita and again in June during “An Evening with Sarah Palin” at Chicago’s Rosemont Theatre. Standing in front of a 50-foot-long American flag, wearing a black leather jacket, Palin thanked prayer warriors in the audience, just as at other events she has thanked them for keeping her “covered” and “providing [a] prayer shield.”

The term “prayer warrior” describes a person who offers a specific kind of supplication: asking God to direct an unseen battle between forces of light and darkness—literal angels and demons—that some Christians believe is occurring all around us. A leading member of Wasilla’s Church on the Rock, the non-denominational evangelical congregation where Palin sometimes attends worship, confirmed this understanding of the term. When Palin thanks prayer warriors for keeping her covered, she is thanking them for calling on angels to shield her from demonic attacks"

omg....:laughing:

----------------------------------

Way more stuff here.
Way too much to post up....:laughing:

Go to the link and read it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Careful of the Boot-Lickers :D

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:rolling:
What is even more amazing is how much you are fascinated by this one person from Alaska!

Look up the term OCD. It may explain a few things to you.

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
:rolling:
What is even more amazing is how much you are fascinated by this one person from Alaska!

Look up the term OCD. It may explain a few things to you.

:laughing:
She running the GOP silly ... that's what's amazing and that's the fasxination. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It's ok.

Freud explains all these "mommy figure", bosom lovers. :D
If I hear attractive one more time I’m going to gag. :nuts:

My wife is attractive, but I ain’t voting for her on any political office. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
How come all you left-wingers always need to post about Palin ... :laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Dang duneripperxx is reading Vanity Fair now...:thud: :rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Dang duneripperxx is reading Vanity Fair now...:thud: :rolling::rolling::rolling:
:thumbsup:
Coupons for lipstick?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from?”

The intensity of Palin’s temper was first described to me in such extreme terms that I couldn’t help but wonder if it might be exaggerated, until I heard corroborating tales of outbursts dating back to her days as mayor of Wasilla and before. One friend of the Palins’ remembers an argument between Sarah and Todd: “They took all the canned goods out of the pantry, then proceeded to throw them at each other. By the time they got done, the stainless-steel fridge looked like it had got shot up with a shotgun. Todd said, ‘I don’t know why I even waste my time trying to get nice things for you if you’re just going to ruin them.’ ” This friend adds, “As soon as she enters her property and the door closes, even the insects in that house cringe. She has a horrible temper, but she has gotten away with it because she is a pretty woman.”
-----------------------------------------------

mmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Breath in deep, the cold stark reality of the darling fraud, who cons her followers of politics and religion.

The awakening....reality....

It's like smelling your favorite brew of morning coffee or hot coco after shoveling the driveway during a blizzard.:D

I just want to bathe in it's truth and purity.:cool:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Just like Fox News.....:huh:

Lipstick legs and Propaganda...:huh:
Is your wife aware (or, are you even aware) that you are such a sexist? :huh:

Seriously, you need help.. your past statements and current statements/actions are classic sexist symptoms. I hope you seek counseling, so you can get by your own shortcomings and your disdain for women. :huh:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is your wife aware (or, are you even aware) that you are such a sexist? :huh:

Seriously, you need help.. your past statements and current statements/actions are classic sexist symptoms. I hope you seek counseling, so you can get by your own shortcomings and your disdain for women. :huh:
How?

Your ripping on the woman's magazine. Not me.:huh:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Not sure what the point of this post is. So Palin doesn't tip well & dresses to get what she wants or for a particular audience, is that really something worth debating?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts