looking meaner by the day!!! :partyon:

what color are you gonna go with?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking meaner by the day!!! :partyon:

what color are you gonna go with?
I have a few colors that I'm lookin at.No decision yet.Still a long ways from paint.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am not usually a fan of modifying the bodies but that front end is BAD ARSE!!!!! Can't wait to see it finished. It needs to be painted a color that is really menacing. That front end appearing in your rear veiw mirror will be very intimidating. I love the headlights!!!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I have a few colors that I'm lookin at.No decision yet.Still a long ways from paint.:thumbsup:
Gotta paint it the colors of a hammerhead shark....whatever they are...

the car I want to paint mine like is the original shark showcars....

black/blue/green/yellow/white from top to bottom like a real shark....

all metallic, all modern colors, all urethane one step, NO clearcoat....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not usually a fan of modifying the bodies but that front end is BAD ARSE!!!!! Can't wait to see it finished. It needs to be painted a color that is really menacing. That front end appearing in your rear veiw mirror will be very intimidating. I love the headlights!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks.I would have never done this with a restorable vette.I had the prefect canadate for it.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Just Curious............WHY?

Florida, Cost, simplicity, and durability....sunlight kills clear coats, they turn yellow, then peel like a yankee in winter....yet to see a clearcoat car with any age on it have a clean unfaded color to it, much less any finish left....

case in point, my fugly olde Dodge van work truck....been polished ONCE down here years ago....and the paint has NO PEELING, the body is pretty damn good for a vechicle seldom if ever washed....and it's got NO clearcoat...same brown/tan it allways was....I did paint the top white for a/c purposes though, HAD to that dropped interior temps 20f right there, easy...it was brown.......

the vette is a 20+ y/o urethane paint job, the hood was done down here ten years ago, same paint.....old Ditzler Radiance II done in Deltron acrylic urethane....had some cans of it from previous owner, which is on the hood now....stupid paint has NO sun damage....I have urethane on the front fenders because of hitting a deer, and no original paint, so went urethane one step, then a year ago, a verizon truck backed into the bumper...figgers, soon as it looked 1/2 assed decent, so I fix that too....

but in 40 years of cars/driving/painting, I find the worst paint jobs had clear coat on them....never lasted worth a damn.....

I had the goat near 12 years, never would have sold it, but no garage space...so it or the vette, kept the vette....

I tend to keep a car/van forever....fix it till HELL freezes over...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few from this evening.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few from today.Top down,rear flares glased and primed.It's still coming along.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is the only thing that I have to decide on.The wife has a color picked, my kids and friends have colors for it ,and they are all different.:thud: I'll know when it's closer to being ready.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
That is the only thing that I have to decide on.The wife has a color picked, my kids and friends have colors for it ,and they are all different.:thud: I'll know when it's closer to being ready.:thumbsup:

You could paint it purple with pink polka dots, and I"d STILL be jealous as hell over that overall design/look....

GREAT WORK man...good eye, saw it right....

:devil: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
It's getting better:thumbsup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Those headlights look menacing as hell! Keep up the good work. :partyon:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Those headlights look menacing as hell! Keep up the good work. :partyon:
I was cruising through and was thinking the same thing. I usually don't like the aftermarket headlights in the C3's but those just look plain mean. Good work. I actually like the flat black on your car too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts