Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,its roughed in with the new covers built and set in place.I still need to build the buckets for them but this is the general look of the new nose.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
That looks great! When do you plan to have it done, I cant wait to see it complete

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
I would like to see you fill in the bucket space around the bulbs with the same technique used to build subwoofer boxes - so that they have a natural flow. It is my understanding that is done by attaching and layering the fiberglass cloth around the woofer so that it looks like it is being push through/against a sheet of fabric.

Also, I'd like to see you figure out how to attach the lense without using a screw through it - or if you do, epoxy it as a stud from the bottom, and trim out the last 1/2" to 1/4" of the lense in black paint and seal it all down to the body. In other words, create the most OEM look possible so those that don't know anybetter assume it is some new form of Vette...and those of us that do know better will bow down in respect at the extra time and effort made to take it beyond the level of a custom car---into something else all together.

Keep up the good work. Hammerhead is going to be down right nasty!

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
When you starting production?? nice piece there, love the concept,

good work, now can we get U to do more OF it??:devil: :devil: :devil:

can't wait to see it on the car.....:cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would like to see you fill in the bucket space around the bulbs with the same technique used to build subwoofer boxes - so that they have a natural flow. It is my understanding that is done by attaching and layering the fiberglass cloth around the woofer so that it looks like it is being push through/against a sheet of fabric.

Also, I'd like to see you figure out how to attach the lense without using a screw through it - or if you do, epoxy it as a stud from the bottom, and trim out the last 1/2" to 1/4" of the lense in black paint and seal it all down to the body. In other words, create the most OEM look possible so those that don't know anybetter assume it is some new form of Vette...and those of us that do know better will bow down in respect at the extra time and effort made to take it beyond the level of a custom car---into something else all together.

Keep up the good work. Hammerhead is going to be down right nasty!

The buckets will be made the same way as speaker boxes.I will use a stretchable material to get the shape.(Like panty hose.)I also plan on flush mounting the head light covers.there is two ways to do it for me. One is a rubber I channel.Two would be a small tab on the backside.I will have to
remake the covers with a tighter bend to go flush but it will be worth it.
There is a long way to go on everything and it's still rough but I thought that I would go ahead and show where it's at anyways.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:thumbsup: Way Cool Dude! :thumbsup:

Give us some detailed photos of the headlamp bucket build up and
how you fab'd the plexiglass covers. I'd love to see it.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
The buckets will be made the same way as speaker boxes.I will use a stretchable material to get the shape.(Like panty hose.)I also plan on flush mounting the head light covers.there is two ways to do it for me. One is a rubber I channel.Two would be a small tab on the backside.I will have to
remake the covers with a tighter bend to go fush but it will be worth it.
There is a long way to go on everything and it's still rough but I thought that I would go ahead and show where it's at anyways.:cheers:

Show, please publish pix of just how you do that, the material stetch thing, pix go so much better than words, I only have a vague idea from above....

gotta couple spots I may try that on my car...

:thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That thing is gonna look sick! :devil:

BTW - I'd listen to 69MyWay's suggestions. The guy knows his stuff. :thumbsup:
I do.:thumbsup: I think that we are on the same page.:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts