Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information to help a friend of mine. He has a '00 Vert, 6 speed. He recently had to have his left leg amputated. Looking for information to see if anyone has had to make a similar mod to account for the clutch. He does not want to put an automatic in it, as he believes Corvettes should all be manual shift. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
You can actuly take a race steering wheel with the nitrous buttons in it. Use the leftbutton to run an actuator for the clutch. No pedal needed there is a racer that has no legs that does baha and his truck is stick.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My son is a left leg, below the knee amputee. He can depress and release a clutch but has no sense of feel when doing it. Even after a couple of easy starts, he still does not feel comfortable driving a manual. If I was in that position, I would buy a new automatic that uses paddle shifters. Several aftermarket companies are now making better than factory versions.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
This brings back memories. Years ago I had knee surgery and depressed the clutch with my left hand using a cane tied to the clutch pedal. Sometimes I just used my right foot when I didn't need the gas pedal.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Some hard core drivers in this thread. :surprised

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for information to help a friend of mine. He has a '00 Vert, 6 speed. He recently had to have his left leg amputated. Looking for information to see if anyone has had to make a similar mod to account for the clutch. He does not want to put an automatic in it, as he believes Corvettes should all be manual shift. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
g8tr, one word.... drivematic . I just don't know how much it costs(well, almost any handicap mod that is "officially" installed starts at $1k) He can keep his tranny stock, just add this thing... Clicky here

Update us when/if he tries it. Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
g8tr, one word.... drivematic . I just don't know how much it costs(well, almost any handicap mod that is "officially" installed starts at $1k) He can keep his tranny stock, just add this thing... Clicky here

Update us when/if he tries it. Good luck!
This is GREAT information. I will be discussing this as an option next time I see him. Thanks for the info!!!

Should he decide to go this way, or any other way i will post what we came up with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts