Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been lurking on this site for a while as I looked for and finally bought a C5, a low mile 02 pewter automatic coupe base suspension and rear end and pretty much every other option known to man.

I have an 85 Z51 auto that I have been driving for close to 20 years, first an autocrosser then (and still - 250,000 mi.) my daily driver . I finally realized that I was tired of the car and tired of wrenching on it. I have been a C5 passenger but never a driver. I'm hoping for a more civilized, quieter, better riding car with no squeaks groans or clunks, but great handling and acceleration. Leaving on Saturday to pick up the new baby - I guess I'll find out on the drive back to Vancouver from California. Now I just need to find a vette nut to take over my 85 with the following: ZZ4 crate motor, Accel Superram intake, 30 lb/hr injectors Accel DFI ecu with speed density conversion, Calmap software & laptop, Dana 44 rear end with 3:54 gears ARE five spoke wheels, 17X19.5 front, 17X11 rear, ZR1 ft brakes, suspension mods, bushings etc. - suspect I might get more for parts than car.

The big question will be how long I can hold off on tinkering with the C5? PFADT coilovers - hmmm.

James

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
The big question is, Why isn't there a pic posted here :spanked:
Welcome to DC :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
attaching pics?

Unfortunately I have no didgital pics of C4, but here is the new C5 I'm heading off to pick up and drive home. Whoops can't figure out how to attach an image file from my computer - the attachment paper clip just pops up a box with this page in it.

James

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome aboard, Enjoy !!!! :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts