Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get some opinions on the Hankook Ventus V12 evo tires. Thanks for the advice.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
I have the Hankooks for 13k miles and love them. I ordered from discount tire direct.com and paid under 700 dollars delivered.

Equal to the best tires I've ever had.

Pilot sports, Goodyear F1's, Toyo Proxis take your pick. These Hankooks are awesome in performance, handling, ride and wear.

Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have had them on for a couple weeks and have grown to like them more. I wasnt to impressed for the first few days. I read somewhere that after a break in period you will get the best results. I dont regret them at all.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
I have had them on for a couple weeks and have grown to like them more. I wasnt to impressed for the first few days. I read somewhere that after a break in period you will get the best results. I dont regret them at all.
I totally understand what you are saying about the first few weeks....

I had a set of TOYO PROXI"S that for the first hundred or so miles the car was all over the road. IT was really really a bizarre experience driving them..

I found out soon afterward it was some type of protective coating that needed to wear off with miles.

I didn't have them on the Hankook evos but I did have that coating on a set of Toyos that eventually turned out to be a nice set of tires too....(once the coating wore off)

All I can say is next set of tires I buy will be Hankook evos especially if I can get them for any where near the 700 delivered price..

Hell when I was first ordering them...I was like ....if they stink...at this price I'll just throw them away in a year and call it a day..

Well 13 or 14 thousand miles later...they are still looking pretty good..the performance, handling and ride are excellent.. so I'll buy them again next time no question..

Also note hankook is offering a 60 dollar rebate if you order all four tires... which is around 10 percent off...give or take a few points..

You should target the 700 dollar range for these Evo 12's..and the reason I mention this is locally I was quoted over 1200 bucks for the same tires I got from discount tire direct..

Thats a big difference.. I just had them shipped to my local gas station in town and they threw them on for a hundred bucks ..mounted and balanced...

I just made the arrangements with them first ..had them shipped there and when they were slow...I pulled in..had the wheels mounted and balanced and off I went on my new tires..

I say go for it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts