Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY IS THE DAY !!! 383 Stroker is on it's way !!!

I have been waiting almost 8 weeks for my motor to come back from the machine shop. I can't say that I have been happy with the turn around time, seeing as how the new motor had to be pulled and returned to the shop, but today is the day we go to pick it up. I'll try and post pics of the progress as we re-install this bitch yet again. Here's a picture of last years installation.

You may wonder why I call her a bitch?
I bought her in August of 2004 with a supposedly rebuilt 350, receipts and all. The (rebuilt?) motor used oil at the rate of a quart every 100 miles.

I removed that motor and set it aside and I bought a crate engine off of E-bay - Big mistake. A few months later I removed that crate engine and sent it back to the seller.

I had a motor built locally. It ran great for a while, even ran a 13.2 my first time ever at the track, but my mechanic was not happy with it, so he pulled it at his own expense and sent it back to the builder. We got it back about 2 months later, put it back in, ran it for about 200 miles, lost oil pressure and wound up with another pile of junk.
So here we are in August of 2007, looking at engine installation number FIVE inside of three years. :WTF

I am either going to eventually be a C-3 Expert, or one broke sonofabitch.

Maybe both.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey it looks good...:laughing: I'll know who to call when I wan't to pull mine. Good luck this time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have not heard from you in a while now I know why. That is a long time to be down. Get it back in and lets head to Atco. Hopefully this time everything will work out.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have not heard from you in a while now I know why. That is a long time to be down. Get it back in and lets head to Atco. Hopefully this time everything will work out.

Hey Gordon,
Atco sounds like a good plan ! I have been wanting to go there all summer, but my car has not been ready. Hopefully I'll have it all straightened out before next weekend. Maybe with a little practice I can get into the 12's.:D

Lee

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Gordon,
Atco sounds like a good plan ! I have been wanting to go there all summer, but my car has not been ready. Hopefully I'll have it all straightened out before next weekend. Maybe with a little practice I can get into the 12's.:D

Lee
Keep me posted as to your progress and then we can set up a time to go.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dazed and Confuzzled

Progress? :smack I was hoping to have the motor today. The builder found a "problem" in the oil galley.:nuts: Delivery has been postponed until tomorrow morning.
I have a short day at work tomorrow. I will be at the garage for the rest of the day (digital camera in tow) and I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Painfully Slow

We are making some progress but it is painfully slow. The engine and all it's parts arrived today and assembly has finally started. Here are some of the pix I promised.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news

It's a long block now. Freshly painted and ready for the intake manifold, dizzy, pumps, etc...
With any luck I'll be back on the road terrorizing the streets by mid week!

It's been a long, slow, painful summer without my 'Vette. Today every other Hot Rodder had his or her car out, the weather was absolutely beautiful. All I could do was look at them with envy and hope my project keeps moving along.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's a long block now. Freshly painted and ready for the intake manifold, dizzy, pumps, etc...
With any luck I'll be back on the road terrorizing the streets by mid week!

It's been a long, slow, painful summer without my 'Vette. Today every other Hot Rodder had his or her car out, the weather was absolutely beautiful. All I could do was look at them with envy and hope my project keeps moving along.
Keep plugging away at it. Don't rush it. Make sure everything is right, you don't want to be pulling it again. Double and triple check your crank and rod clearances. You would hate to have anything bumping around at 6K rpm!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mickey Thompson valve covers!!!:surprised them is old!!! but they look great!:thumbsup:

Thanks ! :D
I got them super cheap off the net (something like $15.00), stripped 'em and repainted 'em.

Before

And after

1 - 13 of 13 Posts