Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the Duel Mode Exhaust installed?? My new Grand Sport didn’t come with it from the factory but the dealer can install it. Also they can install a switch in the ashtray to turn it on and off. Any feedback will help
Thank you,

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Has anyone had the Duel Mode Exhaust installed?? My new Grand Sport didn’t come with it from the factory but the dealer can install it. Also they can install a switch in the ashtray to turn it on and off. Any feedback will help
Thank you,
Interesting that they will install that switch. Mine has the factory NPP, but from the factory, there is no way to turn it off. Of course, nearly everyone gets the Mild2Wild switch which has a key fob to turn it off. I really like mine, and I think you will like your car even more if you have it installed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I hope so

Interesting that they will install that switch. Mine has the factory NPP, but from the factory, there is no way to turn it off. Of course, nearly everyone gets the Mild2Wild switch which has a key fob to turn it off. I really like mine, and I think you will like your car even more if you have it installed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I bought a set of slightly used Z06 pipes/mufflers from the cat back on Ebay. Bought the retro-fit NPP from a vendor here, southern car parts, and had everything installed at the local meineke. Whole thing cost around $1100. Mine is a 2007, before the factory system was around. LOVE IT!

The Z06 pipes are a little larger in diameter, and I could feel a small power increase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New Car Warranty

That sounds great but my car is new and under warranty if the dealer installes it I will be covered.

Thank you for the feedback:cheers:

I bought a set of slightly used Z06 pipes/mufflers from the cat back on Ebay. Bought the retro-fit NPP from a vendor here, southern car parts, and had everything installed at the local meineke. Whole thing cost around $1100. Mine is a 2007, before the factory system was around. LOVE IT!

The Z06 pipes are a little larger in diameter, and I could feel a small power increase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much

Thank you for the feedback. How much did your dealer charge for it.
Thanks,
John

Some people complain about the drone inside when it is open.

Actually, It makes the vette sound like a vette.

I run mine open 99-1/2% of the time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the B&B Fusion on mine 2007. I love it open, my wife likes it closed on longer trips.
We both win on this one.
They gave me 2 key fobs to turn it on and off. I used a piece of 2 way tape and placed one between the ignition and radio.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You can install Mild2Wild yourself in 5 minutes for about $89. You raise the passenger side firewall carpet, pull one fuse, plug in the connector that matches the fuse connector, remove one ground screw close by and put the ground wire under that screw - you're done. The key fobs come with it, and I just keep mine in the console compartment.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I found a foot switch from a lamp that got broken and ran a wire from the electronics box under the pax foot well to the switch which I mounted with a small screw to to the dead pedal. Total cost was $0 and I can turn the NPP exhaust of or on any time I want :thumbsup: And yes, the drone can get tiring at times.

this is the thread where it shows how to do it:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142735

·
Registered
80 Posts
I found a foot switch from a lamp that got broken and ran a wire from the electronics box under the pax foot well to the switch which I mounted with a small screw to to the dead pedal. Total cost was $0 and I can turn the NPP exhaust of or on any time I want :thumbsup: And yes, the drone can get tiring at times.

this is the thread where it shows how to do it:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142735
That's a good idea. Actually you could use a hi-beam headlight foot switch mounted on the floor. It would be convienent.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's a good idea. Actually you could use a hi-beam headlight foot switch mounted on the floor. It would be convienent.
Yeah, one of those could work better (they are made for that). However, I had that switch already and the price was right :)
BTW, I've had it there for nearly a year now and it works great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
M2W install

The install instructions are excellant. The time line in minutes is OK if you are under 50. I am 74 and it took me 17 minutes to install it. I keep the fob in the ashtray and in my pocket during car shows. I love to watch folks when the car is idling and I switch to WILD.
Good product.

cutnout aka Charlie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts