Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fadi, they make the rear, but no matching front tire.
Mike, how bad of an idea do you think it is to keep the F1's up front and run the Nitto in the rear? I don't road course or anything like that and my fronts still have a lot of tread on them so I was looking to just ordering the Nitto's for the rear. It is my rear tires that NEED to be be changed asap and I need to find traction somehow..:D

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't like to mix and match (that's just me), but I don't see any reason not to.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked about running different tires up front than the rears, and while it is not a bad thing, most prefer not to. But when you are broke like me, sometimes you "gota do what ya gota do"..:laughing:

So now, decision time. 345/30/19 PS2's or the new 345/30/19 Nitto INVO's for the rear..hmmmmmmm..opinions? Mike, what would you get for optimal dry traction performance if you had to choose?

Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now, decision time. 345/30/19 PS2's or the new 345/30/19 Nitto INVO's for the rear..hmmmmmmm..opinions? Mike, what would you get for optimal dry traction performance if you had to choose? What about anyone else?

Opinions appreciated.
Anyone?..:partyon:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I run different front and rear tires but it changed handling. I was understeering too much for my liking and I went to a softer front tire (GY GSD3). Now the car transitions to oversteer with the throttle. You will see just the opposite the sticky Nittos in the rear will result in more oversteer on fast corners.

:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I asked about running different tires up front than the rears, and while it is not a bad thing, most prefer not to. But when you are broke like me, sometimes you "gota do what ya gota do"..:laughing:

So now, decision time. 345/30/19 PS2's or the new 345/30/19 Nitto INVO's for the rear..hmmmmmmm..opinions? Mike, what would you get for optimal dry traction performance if you had to choose?

Opinions appreciated.
This is a very good question. I tend to believe the Nitto's would be stickier, but I have not concrete proof (yet). Maybe I'll get the opposite tire you get and then we could compare/contrast.

p.s. I've mixed and matched before in the past and everything was ok.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Anyone?..:partyon:
I am also looking into getting the INVOS. I spoke to someone at customwheel.com and per him there's no contest at all, get the INVO's!! I have been looking into the Michelin PS/PS2's and they were about $475(probably can find them cheaper than that) per tire as opposed to about $300 for the INVO's and the INVO's are way better for high performance cars. He said that Michelin's are so expensive because they spend a lot of $$ with technology that reduces the loudness of the tires. But for just pure performance, the Michelin's don't compare. And your also paying for the name too with Michelins. Afer that conversation, go with the INVO's and don't look back. Hope that helps man, he sold me on them. lata

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am also looking into getting the INVOS. I spoke to someone at customwheel.com and per him there's no contest at all, get the INVO's!! I have been looking into the Michelin PS/PS2's and they were about $475(probably can find them cheaper than that) per tire as opposed to about $300 for the INVO's and the INVO's are way better for high performance cars. He said that Michelin's are so expensive because they spend a lot of $$ with technology that reduces the loudness of the tires. But for just pure performance, the Michelin's don't compare. And your also paying for the name too with Michelins. Afer that conversation, go with the INVO's and don't look back. Hope that helps man, he sold me on them. lata
Sounds pretty promising. The only thing that is holding me back from ordreing these is the repetitive comments I get from various people, which is, "There is not enough contact patch on the Nittos, They must not hook so well. Get the PS2's instead".

I wish we can hear from someone who has had first hand experience with them.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Sounds pretty promising. The only thing that is holding me back from ordreing these is the repetitive comments I get from various people, which is, "There is not enough contact patch on the Nittos, They must not hook so well. Get the PS2's instead".

I wish we can hear from someone who has had first hand experience with them.

I hear ya man. I've only talked to one tire guy mentioned above but I will probably talk to a few more before pulling the trigger but he pretty much sold me on the INVO's. If nothing more, price alone. But as I said before, they will outperform the PS2's in every aspect and when I mentioned all the work done to my C6, he was without a doubt recommending the INVO's for cars with more power. When I told him I will be blowing the C6 soon, ENVO's all the way!! Anyways, hurry up and buy 'em so you can tell me how good they are....LOL

·
Registered
335 Posts

Opinions appreciated.
Fadi, go with the Invo's. Report to us what they are like (good, bad, ugly :D ). If they are good on dry, I may have to try them! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
6 Posts
i have the tires on my rear for about 8 weeks now, i like them alot i notice it alot in second and third , i still blow the tires in first gear , but my car making 600hp to the ground on the bottle. from second it hooks alot better , i think the treadwear is 220 ,so its better than the run flats that are 280. they really squeal though when your spinning them. the car definetly handles better around turns, i just wish they make a our front size

·
Registered
335 Posts
i have the tires on my rear for about 8 weeks now, i like them alot i notice it alot in second and third , i still blow the tires in first gear , but my car making 600hp to the ground on the bottle. from second it hooks alot better , i think the treadwear is 220 ,so its better than the run flats that are 280. they really squeal though when your spinning them. the car definetly handles better around turns, i just wish they make a our front size

So you are running the stock front runflats with the Invo's on the rear?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be ordering the Invo's tomorrow. Once I receive them and put them on, I will report back to you guys and let you know what I think of this tire in regards to dry traction performance.

Thanks everyone..:)

·
Banned
6 Posts
yes i have been running the run flats in the front and it seems to be working fine, ive notice no issues with it, i would love to have a matching set ,lets hope they come out soon

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was just comparing the Invo's with the stock GY emt's. Nitto does make an Invo in 275/40ZR18. Stock is 275/35ZR18. Just wondering if the 40 size aspect ratio vs. the 35 would make any difference? If not, then these tires would seem to be the way to go! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts