Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Those are pretty sweet looking.But whats with the $130 shipping charge:huh:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
High shipping costs to trick buyers and to help avoid Ebay getting a bigger take.
:crazy:

Anyways, the headlights look real sick. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not my cup of tea!

·
Registered
337 Posts
It says projector style, but not HID. If they were HID I would say :thumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Exposed Headlights on C5-UGH!

It's your ride so do what pleases you, Corvettes had Hidden headlights from 63 to C-6 model. I like the sleek look of the C5 in the daytime, those aftermarket exposed lights will not be going on my ride anytime soon.:down:
V8GRA

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just went with a set that was similar on my C-3 project.I had to modify them but I like em.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Damm thats one evil looking M.F

·
Registered
388 Posts
don't waist your money . if they are the same lights i paid 1500 for then they are cheap crap that perform worse then stock. it will cost you 300 to have them painted your body color and they bounce all over the place. hard as hell to install and forget about setting beam position. i suffered with them for 2 years and now have my stock popups back on the car. take a look at my photo if you want to see this crap. you can probably buy mine cheap from the local land fill. put that money towards a nice set of long tube headers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
don't waist your money . if they are the same lights i paid 1500 for then they are cheap crap that perform worse then stock. it will cost you 300 to have them painted your body color and they bounce all over the place. hard as hell to install and forget about setting beam position. i suffered with them for 2 years and now have my stock popups back on the car. take a look at my photo if you want to see this crap. you can probably buy mine cheap from the local land fill. put that money towards a nice set of long tube headers.
Yours do look different than the Depo's pictured below. Do you recell the brand you had? We're considering bringing these into stock ... unless they're actually junk as descibed above. We'll probably never stock a lot of items, but what we do stock has to be First Class quality.
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey cavetter,
just be careful with those lights mine are from specter werkes. it cost me 4 hrs and over $1500 for a nice look with worse performance then stock. here is the link to their crappy lights.
http://www.spectergtr.com/corvette/exterior.html

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I am real skeptical of these type of lights. I came close to purchasing a set of the pop up HID light kits, however I can't find one good reference.

Personally, I like the looks of my C5 with the pop ups. The only reason I considered the HID kit was because they fit into the pop up light frame so I would keep the stock look and potentially improve my night visibility.

I would suggest if you like the look of the integrated lights, why not move into a C6 and not worry about modding the car? :huh:

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey cavetter,
just be careful with those lights mine are from specter werkes. it cost me 4 hrs and over $1500 for a nice look with worse performance then stock. here is the link to their crappy lights.
http://www.spectergtr.com/corvette/exterior.html
Many thanks Bud :thumbsup: I have heard the horror stories on the Spector Werkes lights many times, from many people. I just wanted to be sure that you didn't have the Depo brand. I guess they're all somewhat of a PITA to install, but the fitment of the Depo's are said to be outstanding.
Thanks again,
Richard

·
Registered
144 Posts
projector lights

installed the pro car parts projectors made by depo the best kit out there by far and i reserched all kits i could find then went one better and made them a true hid system lo beams and high beams they look great fit and finish 2nd to none i went with the black housing took two of us about 6 hours well worth the effort great looking mod total cost 1050.00 for lights 310.00 for hid kits with 8000k bulbs

·
Registered
170 Posts
installed the pro car parts projectors made by depo the best kit out there by far and i reserched all kits i could find then went one better and made them a true hid system lo beams and high beams they look great fit and finish 2nd to none i went with the black housing took two of us about 6 hours well worth the effort great looking mod total cost 1050.00 for lights 310.00 for hid kits with 8000k bulbs
That's real good to know, thanks for posting :cheers: Hopefully we'll be able to offer them at a much better price. Unfortunately I just got my balls busted yesterday for selling Halo's too cheap. Now we can't offer them under $324.95, or they won't continue to sell to me. Some competitor that obviously wants to sell much higher, pointed a finger :nuts:
Richard

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did you paint the "eyebrows" to shade the projectors?..Any Pics?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts