Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Blade1 I'm a little confused about your post. I did not have to repin the 4th gen F-body PCM and I know for a fact it does control the trans. I did have to pull the unnecessary pins out of the harness and grounds, 12 switched and 12 constant to some things. I also made the harness longer but it is not necessary.If you read the entire thread you will see I was pretty thorough.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Blade1 I'm a little confused about your post. I did not have to repin the 4th gen F-body PCM and I know for a fact it does control the trans. I did have to pull the unnecessary pins out of the harness and grounds, 12 switched and 12 constant to some things. I also made the harness longer but it is not necessary.If you read the entire thread you will see I was pretty thorough.
:agree: F body ecm from some years WILL control both 4l60e and 4l80e trans. They went to pcm when they separated the body controls from drivetrain controls because they were having to control too many things at once( much like your computer will get slow with too many programs running at once, sucks up memory.) to avoid issues with memory lag on the read only side of the ecm. I have even seen guys control a 4l60e with an ecm from the mid 80's that originally controlled a 700r4 with lock-up. Anything is possible if you know how to wire it and where to pull info from the sensors. From my understanding a 4l60e will work even without a computer, just dont have electrinic control of solinoids and lock-up, but will still work on line pressure much like limp mode when computer fails.:cheers:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I never addressed the cluster or CCM issue. So the cluster works but my oil is pegged and the temp sender is off (too high) by like 30 degrees.I'm having to rebuild the trans right now and then I will probably go with a 98 sender for the temp and figure out what to do with the oil sender. I'm thinking the wire could be pinched.

The buss feed from the LS1 PCM to the L98 CCM did not work. I will have to go with out ABS and maybe cruise but I don't mind. In hind sight I could have kept the original L98 ECM to feed the CCM easily but I don't regret getting rid of it.
However... this is still a work in progress so who knows.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
I've been out of the loop for a while but this is awesome!!! Nice job man! :partyon:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I have been having trouble getting the Veh into gear. I have to wiggle it around until i find the gear I need. After speaking with Shiftworks it looks like the problem is the shift lever radius. The 4l60E is about 1/2 inch longer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
The shifter was fixed I have been driving the car and it is awesome. I can never say the car is completely done but the swap is a success.
Here is a dyno video I put down 391 RWHP.

For reference my buddy's stock A4 ss 4th gen put down 279 In the second video.

201 - 212 of 212 Posts