Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I have raced at a track.

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I've been to Beech Bend for their 1/4 mile and Rt.66 for both the 1/4 mile and the autox. I want to do more autox when I get new tires and get some laps in before I upgrade the brakes. I want to see if it helps bring the lap times down like I think it should.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Street racin' and I've done it on the track countless times.

I'm not as hardcore as I once was. $ to constantly fix things catches up to you after a while. When I was 21 or so, I didn't care if the car broke, I fixed it...Now I want to enjoy it as much as possible.:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Drags a couple of times.

DE events, a few!!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I've done 3 laps at the NASCAR track in Joilet, a few autocross events and many passes at the drag strip. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've raced at about 10 drag strips.

I've race two parking lots (autocross)

I've raced the short road course at Pocono

I've raced at Summit Point, WV

I've done semi fast laps at the fastest 1/2 mile oval at Bristol

·
Banned
591 Posts
AUTO-X:partyon:

·
Registered
285 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I've done 3 laps at the NASCAR track in Joilet, a few autocross events and many passes at the drag strip. :thumbsup:
let me ask you:

I see 145 MPH on the straights, passing is allowed, most cars in the A&B groups run on Hoosier or Goodyear R tires, people will go through a set of pads and rotors possible in a weekend, Lou Gigiliotti and his son show up and bring some of their C5's, what would you call that?

BMW club calls these DE events. Hot lapping could also describe these events.

That answer your question??:huh: :huh:

·
Registered
140 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Drag Strip!:partyon: I cant wait to go back & get me an 11 on streets!:D :excited:
What kind of 60' on that 12.66 pass @113?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Eric

Didn't you knock off a few 1.8 60's? He spun hard on the 12.66 run. I have the video if you'd like it.:thumbsup:

11's on street tires with your combo is going to be a VERY tall order.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
No, I haven't raced the Vette...YET! But my dad has raced it at the Drag Strip. He wants to bring it out to a track and open it up and see what that baby can REALLY do! Who knows when that will be though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Z06-NOMAD said:
Do you consider DE's at roadcourses "Racing"??? :huh:
:rolleyes: Bring ur Vette out to one of these DE EVENTS and then comment!

:D Chalky's right! We are running laps that less than ten years ago were Qualifying times (or better) in Trans Am and T-1 !

1 - 20 of 37 Posts