Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you ever wonder how a car gets a name. When the wife and I did the show circuit for four and a half years we came across a lot of cars with some wild names placed on them, like Brewzer, Flash, Lightning, the Crusher and so on. We had the name of Satin put on our car ( I think the colour had something to do with that). Did you put a name on your ride and if you did we would like to know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
stingray said:
Did you ever wonder how a car gets a name. When the wife and I did the show circuit for four and a half years we came across a lot of cars with some wild names placed on them, like Brewzer, Flash, Lightning, the Crusher and so on. We had the name of Satin put on our car ( I think the colour had something to do with that). Did you put a name on your ride and if you did we would like to know.
Ray L. is that you from WBCC?
My wife hase been the one to give names to our cars. Not for show purposes of course, just for her own personal enjoyment.

She calls our Ford Explorer, Eddie Baur, "Eddie", Our Ford Crown Vic, "Victor"; our Ford Tarus, "Abolita"; and our Pontiac Bonneville, "Bonnie". The '93 40th Vette is, "Annie". I'm not sure I like all the name choices....but then she didn't ask me. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Have you given your car a name and what is it

Mike said:
Ray L. is that you from WBCC?
My wife hase been the one to give names to our cars. Not for show purposes of course, just for her own personal enjoyment.

She calls our Ford Explorer, Eddie Baur, "Eddie", Our Ford Crown Vic, "Victor"; our Ford Tarus, "Abolita"; and our Pontiac Bonneville, "Bonnie". The '93 40th Vette is, "Annie". I'm not sure I like all the name choices....but then she didn't ask me. ;)
Hi Mike and yes that's me from WBCC. I know what you mean when the other half gives a name. We got a dog one time and we were wondering what name to give him and the wife said lets call him Dog now is that original or what. Welcome to the group.:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Have you given your car a name and what is it

stingray said:
Hi Mike and yes that's me from WBCC. I know what you mean when the other half gives a name. We got a dog one time and we were wondering what name to give him and the wife said lets call him Dog now is that original or what. Welcome to the group.:cool:

Dog....now that is original. Thanks for the welcome. I think this is going to be a very enjoyable website!:p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mike's wife's names.

Hey there Patrick and Ray!
This is Mike's wife here.. Gee! I thought those names I picked made a lot of sense. A Crown Victoria named Victor - y'know - Victor Victoria..... good movie. Why the Taurus was named Abulita is a much longer story. Of course, Bonnie for my '84 Bonneville is a no-brainer as was Eddie for the Eddie Bauer Explorer. :D Now Annie for the 40th Anniversary 'Vette is logical to me. Let me know if you want to hear some of the other names I've come up with for boats, trailers and dinghies. :p
mary-flo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Have you given your car a name and what is it

Mike said:
Dog....now that is original. Thanks for the welcome. I think this is going to be a very enjoyable website!:p
It's been a lot of fun with the forums and discussion, there are a lot of talented and knowledgeable people on line. Patrick has put together a great place to spend some time at. The picture quality is very good also. "Enjoy";)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Mike's wife's names.

Mike said:
Hey there Patrick and Ray!
This is Mike's wife here.. Gee! I thought those names I picked made a lot of sense. A Crown Victoria named Victor - y'know - Victor Victoria..... good movie. Why the Taurus was named Abulita is a much longer story. Of course, Bonnie for my '84 Bonneville is a no-brainer as was Eddie for the Eddie Bauer Explorer. :D Now Annie for the 40th Anniversary 'Vette is logical to me. Let me know if you want to hear some of the other names I've come up with for boats, trailers and dinghies. :p
mary-flo
Hi Mike's wife welcome to the site. Glad to see that you enjoy this topic. Talking about names do we call you Mike's Wife or ?????? Have fun and maybe we will see you at the meeting Tuesday night. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi again Ray
Thank you for your reply. My name is Mary-Florence and I've spent a little time drooling on the month of July 2003 with the photo of your '59...... sweet! As for Tuesday night, Michael will be there but I'm in rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof. I'm Yente the matchmaker. It's a big role and I'm having a hoot with it. The play will take place at the Gryphon Theatre the weekend of Valentine's Day. I perform on the Thursday evening and the Saturday evening. Then I'm off to Arizona to visit my sister for a few days. Hopefully, I'll make the March meeting.
This site is fun.
ttfn - mary-florence :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike said:
Hi again Ray
Thank you for your reply. My name is Mary-Florence and I've spent a little time drooling on the month of July 2003 with the photo of your '59...... sweet! As for Tuesday night, Michael will be there but I'm in rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof. I'm Yente the matchmaker. It's a big role and I'm having a hoot with it. The play will take place at the Gryphon Theatre the weekend of Valentine's Day. I perform on the Thursday evening and the Saturday evening. Then I'm off to Arizona to visit my sister for a few days. Hopefully, I'll make the March meeting.
This site is fun.
ttfn - mary-florence :)
Well It's nice to have you aboard Mary-Florence and it sounds like you have a busy time. I knew your name but others would not know who you were. Is there room for one more in Arizona? ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Ray
Thank you for the 'welcome aboard'. Yes, I'm busy as a one-legged man in a soccer game but enjoying every minute of it. Between cutting a CD, rehearsing for the play and enjoying the grandbabies, I sort of meet myself coming and going if you know what I mean. It's just great! How did you know who I was?
As for Arizona, I have a really big suitcase you'd probably fit into. :cool:
Glad this sight is back up and running.
mary-flo :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you. Once when we rented a car in Florida, it was a Cavalier R.S. I asked Michael what the R.S. stood for and he said, "Really small" :D Sure did crack me up. :cool:
Mary-Flo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stingray, that's a nice lineup you have of Vettes.
My '67 convert. is called TOY-1 because people at work used to ask me each day, which car did you drive.? My answer was, either TOY-1 or TOY-2. I got personalized tags for each car at that time. TOY-2 was on a '73 Trans Am with everything.
When my daughter was 2-3 years old she would call TOY-1, Boom boom because of the side exhaust. Now that she is older (10) she call out for TOY-1 for riding in and have fum. :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts