Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
well pat there is a reson they are drag radials..and not all occasion radials:nuts:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had a similar experience a couple of years back in my buddy's Supra. We decided to do the 3 hour commute to the track on his full slicks. Definitely a lesson learned for us! :laughing:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since he missed the opportunity to drive through standing water with his DRs, he missed out on some real "fun".;)

I ran those on my IROC and aquickly put them onto a spare set of used wheels.

I noted that his 60' time on the DRs was about what I get on a tight track with my GY Eagles...guess DRs aren't in my future.:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been somewhat happy with the Nitto DR's.
My 60's times aren't as good as I would like but no problems on the street with them whatsoever. I even got caught in the rain a couple times and they were fine.
The BFG's are a softer compound & the overall design itself tends to make that tire better for drag racing. That is why you'll see guys with the BFG's getting those big smokey burnouts. It takes longer to really heat up the nittos.
The Nittos are a good compromise between street driving & drag tire IMO.
Patrick I think your best bet it to stick with your plan of getting an extra set of rims for the BFG's and mount them when you go to the track, especially as often as you drive your car.
just my .02

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I agree totally on the Nitto DR. Ran then all summer and they are a great compromise if you do not want to switch tires on race day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts