Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up a set of bmw rims for my C4 chassis. I've read that some have used them on Vettes, S10s and Camaros. Anyone here have any direct experience with them? I know the lug pattern is off by 0.7mm, about .028". Theoretically causes stress on the studs. Not great but apparently many have done it successfully.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Did you do a search, maybe in the track/racing section? I remember reading a thread where someone drove his Vette to a track event and got a flat tire on the way. His wife arrived with the DD, a BMW and he used a "single" wheel/tire combo off it for the event only. Can't recall year of Vette, but I think he destroyed the BMW wheel hub in the event.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I picked up a set of 5 ADR 20 x 9.5 wheels with four near new tires for $450 that were previously on a 540i. The back spacing is 5.5 vs 6.5 on the stock sawblades on my 1984 C4 chassis. They seem to bolt up just fine. Hub bore seems OK. They sit flat against the rotors. In case you're confused this C4 chassis has a jeep body sitting on it.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Didn't your C-4 come with wheels?:laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts