Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a couple coats of new improved Zaino Z5 on and it really fills in the little scratches ALOT better! The shine is deeper also! The Z2 seems to shine better as well. Both go on even thinner if you can belive that. I could have easily gotten 3-4 coats out of about a little less than an ounce! It seems to bring out more of the metallic flake on the Navy Blue Metallic as well!:cool: When mixed with ZFX, cleaning up the bottle takes about 10 seconds now. Only problem is that I got a bunch of old formula that is just gonna sit here now!:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should say that I ordered mine direct from the Zaino site to be sure to get the newest stuff!:buhbye: :cheers:

·
Registered
990 Posts
:surprised more new stuff??????? I am so confused:lookinup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michael Malone Smith said:
:surprised more new stuff??????? I am so confused:lookinup:
You know you have the new stuff if the Z2 has a white cap, clear bottle and is pink in color and very thin. It leaves nothing on the sides after you tip it then stand it up straight for a couple minutes! The Z5 is in a white bottle, red cap, same black label that says "new!" on the front. Hope this helps!:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
New Zaino? Interesting. Because, their Z5 did not work at all! If there is some improvement, that's cool.

I used Zaino for 2 years, and have since switched to Mothers carnuba wax. It makes my car a little darker, and fills in all my swirl marks and scrathes.... something Z5 could never do even after 10 coats. It comes off perfect, no white residue, and the car looks SLICK!

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Have'nt tried Zaino yet. I've been a Meguiars fan for so long, I hate to change. Seems to do a really great job, and its a lot easier to get. :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
wow,weird to hear such mixed opinions on zaino.i recently had stipped the car and used mothers (my old fav)and the car had lost the deep look and had a brown tint.i went back to zaino,i dont use the z-2,on a black car it leaves a greasy,filmy type coating.i use only the z-5.every other time i apply it,i use an orbital buffer to take it off.amazing results.i dont like wax,because in humid conditions the carnubas etc,can evaporate as soon as 3 days.the Z is like a shell on the car.
i use zaino on the engine compartment and everything except the glass.use a clay bar on the glass,even brand new glass looks good after clay.:stick: thats my experience if it matters.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
wow,weird to hear such mixed opinions on zaino.i recently had stipped the car and used mothers (my old fav)and the car had lost the deep look and had a brown tint.i went back to zaino,i dont use the z-2,on a black car it leaves a greasy,filmy type coating.i use only the z-5.every other time i apply it,i use an orbital buffer to take it off.amazing results.i dont like wax,because in humid conditions the carnubas etc,can evaporate as soon as 3 days.the Z is like a shell on the car.
i use zaino on the engine compartment and everything except the glass.use a clay bar on the glass,even brand new glass looks good after clay.:stick: thats my experience if it matters.
I've had issues with Meguiars, where the wax and the oils would seperate when in the hot sun - looked like the car had greasy spots on the hood. So, I know what you are referring to about wax. I bet in the Hawaii sun it boils off in no time at all!

If Zaino Z5 worked, I would use it. If someone wants to convince me that "New" Z5 works, then they need to send some free samples because I am not going to buy another bottle.

:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick96LT4 said:
I've had issues with Meguiars, where the wax and the oils would seperate when in the hot sun - looked like the car had greasy spots on the hood. So, I know what you are referring to about wax. I bet in the Hawaii sun it boils off in no time at all!

If Zaino Z5 worked, I would use it. If someone wants to convince me that "New" Z5 works, then they need to send some free samples because I am not going to buy another bottle.

:D
Next time we plan something, I'll try and remember to bring some for ya to try out. Only thing is that you would need to use it in 24 hours as I would mix the ZFX in before hand, but I would be more than willing to give ya an ounce that would be good for 3-4 coats!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
hello Patrick,
you think maybe you had a weird batch if possible?or did you try a different bottle also.its works killer on Da Punchs car also.im not trying to plug the the company;) it does seem to have better results on darker colors.your right about the sun here,my car is black too.i have a 3 sided garage and covered parking at work(i also have another car,d/driver).

·
Registered
333 Posts
ZAINO ROCKS ! :)

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
The library in my town has different programs throughout the year for residents. The recently had one about detailing cars, hosted by some detail shop guy...I watched part of it on cable as a rerun, missed most of it except the part where he explained the differences between polish and wax. Wax, he claims, if you are lucky might last 3-4 weeks. It is destroyed by sun/uv heat and pounding rain. Polsih on the other hand can last 4-6 months.
he claims that body shops will give you pieces of cars...wrecked of course that you can try out different products on before you try them on your car. He suggested that especially for those who need to try rubbing compounds etc,

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
hey stilcrazee,
thats the main reason i use zaino,the protection.the awesome depth and optical effect(pretending to know what i'm talking about)is a plus.my black car had so many scratches when i got it(only 26,000miles)i was shocked.it had overspray on the rear quarter panel.i was willing to get the car repainted(totally custom)but after the job the zaino and buffer did,i am modding the car first.i've been using it for 2.5 years and am on my second'kit'that suff lasts.i do the car once a month.every month.it works good on the plastic under the hood too.

i painted the red about 8 months ago,z-2 all over the red and black.looks like it did the first day i painted it.armor all will eventually turn plastic yellowish from that and the heat combined.plus armor-all collects dust,not zaino.i use maquires purple gel on the tires though.thats tuff to beat.good times.:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't remember if my Z5 is the new stuff or not, but it's in a black bottle, unlike the rest of my Zaino stuff that's in the clear round bottles. Anyway... I found the Z5 to be completely useless too. I screwed around with it and saw absolutely no improvement whatsoever, so I went back to the good old hand glaze & fine-cut rubbing compound for scratch removal.

Oh yeah... and nice forum. I found it through one of Patrick's other links. :)

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
Anyway... I found the Z5 to be completely useless too. I screwed around with it and saw absolutely no improvement whatsoever, so I went back to the good old hand glaze & fine-cut rubbing compound for scratch removal.
Me too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
one other point,the Z5 is mostly a scratch filler,the Z2 is the deep optical layer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm a new Zaino user. Used Z5&6 on my 2001 Coupe at 25,000 miles after the full claybar treatment and on my month-old 2003 Nissan Altima. Have 4 coats on vette; 2 on Altima. I won't use any polish from now on. The Altima is my daily driver with bad commute in industrial section of town and parking at a oil refinery. I like how dirt and bugs still take not much more than water to remove after four months.

Then I Zaino'd the wife's 2002 Impala company car with over 30,000 miles and never waxed or polished before - now I'm a real beleiver. Claybar'd, Z5 and Z6. Just one coat of Z5&6 and that Impala never looked sooooo good especially with the dark navy blue. The Impala is parked outside day and night. Its been less than a week but I'm hoping the Zaino will last 2-3 months in Northern CA weather. Don't really want to re-Zaino the Impala (it is a company car) but I'll use it to test the product since she drives close to 3000 miles/month.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts