Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
damn you type fast Pat,
i was going to say,maybe your settlement will get you guys just enough cash to pick it up.it was a trailer queen.
thanks for thinkin of me 5point7liter.i just can't do it until next summer.need rims,paint and horsepower.then chopper.saw a BBC chopper at the beach yesterday:surprised :stick: :stick: :surprised

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
damn you type fast Pat,
i was going to say,maybe your settlement will get you guys just enough cash to pick it up.it was a trailer queen.
thanks for thinkin of me 5point7liter.i just can't do it until next summer.need rims,paint and horsepower.then chopper.saw a BBC chopper at the beach yesterday:surprised :stick: :stick: :surprised
Yea... a settlement would be nice.

I am wondering if anyone here has seen a chopper that can ride two people?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Yea... a settlement would be nice.

I am wondering if anyone here has seen a chopper that can ride two people?
That's what the rear fender is for.:laughing:

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo thanks for thinkin of me 5point7liter.i just can't do it until next summer.need rims,paint and horsepower.then chopper.saw a BBC chopper at the beach yesterday:surprised :stick: :stick: :surprised
No problem! The rims, paint, and HP...you mean for your Vette? If so, how you getting it painted and what wheels you gonna get?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Forget him! I want it!

Nice, but 22 grand will buy a pretty nice vette. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi kewl Minds think alike

I was there a few yrs ago with Harley FEVER.......finished one bike for the Speedarama here in Toronto.........i placed second at it .....I've also got a 113 cu. S&S motor a 6 speed tranny about to go on a rigid frame but its a long term project

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3782

Remember take your time research all .....i used

Frame: Harley
2000 Custom FXR
rake: 6 degrees
rear frame + fork widened to accommodate 170 tire
rear shocks by Progessive
rear fender: hand made steel fender
Forward controls By JayBrake
Wheels: 80 spoke stainless
Primary:by Arlen Ness
Crane HI-4 electronic single fire ignition
roller rocker arms and a hi-flow oil pump

ported and polished heads, Crane valve springs
S&S adj. Pushrods, tappet limitor kit
S&S Super E carb with Qwiksilver breather
Porkers shotguns, tuned length using torque valves
Pingle : Fuel petcock
Gas Tanks:

hand made

14" stretch down and back

rubber mounted on frame

Seat:

hand poured epoxy base form fitted to chassis

chrome Mag wheels—21" front and a massive 170-18" low profile on the rear

chrome Jaybrake handlebar controls, rear brake controls, hi-luster Ness design brake rotors

Bike Painted by Wizard...........he's an amazing painter
has done many magazine bikes

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Hi kewl Minds think alike

Synn said:

I was there a few yrs ago with Harley FEVER.......finished one bike for the Speedarama here in Toronto.........i placed second at it .....I've also got a 113 cu. S&S motor a 6 speed tranny about to go on a rigid frame but its a long term project
Synn, I'm hoping to get a chopper built for me next year, I am going to get the ball rolling in January.

Can you tell us more about your bike... any pics?:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Re: Re: Hi kewl Minds think alike

Patrick96LT4 said:
Synn, I'm hoping to get a chopper built for me next year, I am going to get the ball rolling in January.
Who are you gonna have build it? One of these popular shops?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hi kewl Minds think alike

raidmagic said:
Who are you gonna have build it? One of these popular shops?
Around December I will start doing some research, then making calls. I have a lot of learning to do, as this is my first motorcycle. Plus I want to check references, and see the shop. So, it's quite the project.

Build time to me is important, I don't want to get the bike 9 months later....

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Bob88con said:
Nice, but 22 grand will buy a pretty nice vette. :)
22 grand is a good deal.the BBC chopper i want is going to be 40+.124 c.i.motor(125hp)these bikes have very,very little steel.alot of billet aluminum.fenders are fiberglass,that adds up.but a bike like that chopper weigh about 300 lbs less than a heavy harley.and the choppers are fast.my friends big dog is a big and long bike,its bigger than a fat-boy(harley)and it only weighs 601 pounds.:surprised plus i hate chrome.these bikes use billet aluminum all over.
i already have a vette;) the last issue of easyrider and iron horse magazine both have Big Bear Choppers in them.there the best bikes in the mag.:thumbsup: only live once.:smokin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
check it out

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3782

Remember take your time research all .....i used

Frame: Harley
2000 Custom FXR
rake: 6 degrees total rake is 38 degrees
rear frame + fork widened to accommodate 170 tire
rear shocks by Progessive
rear fender: hand made steel fender
Forward controls By JayBrake
Wheels: 80 spoke stainless
Primary:by Arlen Ness
Crane HI-4 electronic single fire ignition
roller rocker arms and a hi-flow oil pump

ported and polished heads, Crane valve springs
S&S adj. Pushrods, tappet limitor kit
S&S Super E carb with Qwiksilver breather
Porkers shotguns, tuned length using torque valves
Pingle : Fuel petcock
Gas Tanks:

hand made

14" stretch down and back

rubber mounted on frame

Seat:

hand poured epoxy base form fitted to chassis

chrome Mag wheels—21" front and a massive 170-18" low profile on the rear

chrome Jaybrake handlebar controls, rear brake controls, hi-luster Ness design brake rotors

Bike Painted by Wizard...........he's an amazing painter
has done many magazine bikes

:partyon:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Re: check it out

hey Synn,
nice bike,i don't like to many Harleys,that looks good to me.most the customs you see run 18"-250 tires in the rear.125hp,baker 6-speeds the list is so long i can't type it out.for shits and giggles check out www.bigbearchoppers.com look at the pro-street bikes,there not so much of a"chopper"more like a drag bike.40* rake.look at the options on the venom (pro-street)and of coarse look in the gallery:surprised.the bikes ride killer(non-ridgid of coarse)shocks hidden under bike.damn,i probably sounds like i work for these guys.aloha, :smokin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
oops

most Harley frames come at about 28-32 degree rake plus the 6 degrees i went over.... i ended up with 38 degrees all together

heheehhe therefore up went the insurance raked bikes are in high demand to theft ........thats explains the increase in premium .

i'm built like a little pitbull only 5'7" here so i need a low bike the biggest i would go in a rear tire is maybe a 200 tops x18

but actually 180 rides nice.........remember the wider the tire the off-set is off even with spacers

the only bike im not really crazy about for myself........is the bike wwith the car motors ........i do like seeing them being ridden by other crazy guys [email protected] horse plus thats alot of torgue being made add alittle laughing gas and you have nut power thats for sure

rice bikes :finger: <- - - - - I love that avatar......LMAO

hehehehee

Patrick Chrome don't get you Home , But it sure looks sweet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
aloha Synn,
with this company,the frame,swing-arm and everything is custom made,there is no off-set even with a 18"-250 avon tire.(and they have a manufactures licesnse,so no problem registering)and i love the baker 6-speed with the external drive belt:thumbsup:these custom bikes dyno from 100hp to 150hp,they look so damn good no body talks about how fast they are(for cruisers).theres tons of aluminum to keep the weight down.all controls,billet. :smokin: i'm drolling now.:laughing:
don't care for ricer bikes either,my friend traded his Honda 'blackbird'1100cc-XX,for the one off big dog.i told him,"good move".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts