Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone offer a header back exhaust for a 75? Specifically, 2.5" exhaust, x-pipe, stainless for a longtube header. I could go without the stainless
Maybe I should say 74 since 75 started the catalytic convertor..that I will not be using

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Open Google as a web page.

In the search field, type:

Corvette Parts

You'll get PLENTY of very good Corvette vendors that offer almost everything you'll need for all your projects.

(Mid America, Zips, Paragon, Central, yata yata...)

:thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Your best bet is to find a local exhaust shop that does performance work. They will bend up a system that fits,something I haven't got from a few well know exhaust places. It may cost a little more but it will be done in a day, no shipping, you know what you get and if it doesn't fit they will correct it. you don't need SS for a driver. I use the common aluminized, I paint the pipes with eastwood exhaust paint and it lasts.
The best pre fab'd pipes I ever bought were from East Tenn corvette- Jack Horner good guy. I haven't spoken with him in a year or more but his pipes fit no issue. 800-921-5502

·
Registered
366 Posts
Magnaflow makes some stainless systems with a X-pipe that are different than what you will find in the Corvette catalogs. Take a look at their site and you should be able to find them. i have the 16841 system on my car but you would need a different one for yours. Here are a couple of pics to get an idea of what the system looks like. You would still need to get some pipes fabbed from your headers to the trans crossmember.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks. In looking so far, I see that nobody makes a complete set unless you buy their shorts headers. I'm running long tubes. I'll check out Magnaflow and probably have a local show make the head pipe.

Bryan

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Cool thanks. In looking so far, I see that nobody makes a complete set unless you buy their shorts headers. I'm running long tubes. I'll check out Magnaflow and probably have a local show make the head pipe.

Bryan
When my car was a small block it had a set dual exhaust pipes from hooker and the hooker competition headers. It was pretty inexpensive, Jegs or Summit carried them, I forget which. Fit was very good.

Edit:

I think this was the one, but the picture they show on-line is wrong.

Hooker Headers 16521
Competition Exhaust System Header Back 1963-82 Corvette w/ SBC 265-400 Engine
GM Cars
Item# 520-16521
Ships Today
Only $165.99

1 - 6 of 6 Posts