Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the alternator brackets on my L46 bolt to the exhaust manifold. If I put headers on do I have to get new brackets?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes I think you have to get a new lower bracket but may be able to use the stock upper bracket. I am thinknig about doing the same thing on my L46.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the eventual plan is to put on sidepipes, but at the rate I'm making other improvements I'll never be able to save up $1250 to spend all at once.

The quick and easy solution to the cast iron manifolds are a set of "tight fit headers" from Speedway Motors. They're only $60 for 1.5" primary and $90 for 1 5/8" primary and appear to replace the manifold almost perfectly.

I found this link that Grumpy posted in another thread:
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/header-tech-c.htm

which suggests to me that I should get the 1.5" primaries for my otherwise stock application. Is that valid?

What other things should I consider? Best route for gaskets?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was looking at the same thing, but I am going to try to find a ceramic coated set with 1 5/8" primaries as I've already modded the motor a bit. I'll let ya know if I can fidn anything. Those look pretty good for that price btw!

·
Registered
244 Posts
ok so what about the AC bracket? my headers will not allow for them but Ga gets HOT in summer, does any one make an aftermarket one????:huh:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I know Hedman makes an A/C bracket for headers, I believe Hooker does also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts