Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My ride is an '00 A4.
Done so far LG CAI and Corsa Pace Car Sport Axle-back.

The question is LG Street Series pro long tube headers or Kooks C5 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I run Kooks and I am very happy but 21st Century Musclecars did a back to back test on a modified C6 Z06 and the LGs produced more power.

:cheers:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This system is street legal or just for race? A little bit expensive.
I'd use it in the street.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is no way I would spend that much on a set of headers when you can get a set of stainless steel XS power brand headers and X pipe for half the price of those. You may give up 10 hp on the top end but I am ok with that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no way I would spend that much on a set of headers when you can get a set of stainless steel XS power brand headers and X pipe for half the price of those. You may give up 10 hp on the top end but I am ok with that.
Not bad, but i can't find on their site headers for C5 only for C6.
It's might be my foul.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I have AFR

But I like the slip fit joint of the kooks better

Kooks builds a very high quality product

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I went with the polished stainless LG pros and cat delete. Since ground clearance is an issue. I lowered my car 3", so the fit was perfect. I installed them on high jack stands in about 8 hrs, did NOT have to lift the engine an inch like some do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went with Kooks LT's with x-pipe and high flow cats. I had no favorite so I went with what Lingenfelter Performance Engineeiring recommended. Had the car dyno tuned after the install. All is well...the sound through the Borla Stingers is pretty load but very nice. The fit is perfect...note nothing hanging down under the car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the info.
If you've got more, then write it, please (experience, facts, pros, cons, like, unlike, whatever).

·
Supporting Vendor
210 Posts
Go with the LG Streets. They are torque monsters :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you guys refering to the 1 3/4 street headers or the 1 7/8 pro?

Also, if you can say, who has the best prices or where you ordered yours from?

thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts