Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of VERY used BFG drag radials on sawblade wheels(275 40 17) the exact thing my 11.84 pass was done on. I'm not making any excuses for the car,but I am looking to smash that 11.84 this coming saturday at Englishtown(depending on the weather). Also hoping to get a new best m.p.h

Nothing is going to be done to the computer either. I'd like to run the number just as it is on the street.

I already put the word to a few challenge regulars to film the run. I'm also hoping for a nice pic. I am going to smoke the hell out of the tires and Eric, no wax for the rear 1/4s! I want rubber EVERYWHERE hehe.:cool:

I can hardly wait.

Just thought I'd share that.:thumbsup: :smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Dude, yer gonna ROCK. Can't wait to hear of the results.

My car is absolutely on fire. I had a clogged fuel filter, and my car has now re-awakened to all it's glory. I can't wait to hit the strip in the next week or two.

Hell hath no fury like a GS scorned.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick....

Ever since that 12.0 pass(backed it up with a [email protected]) I've been on fire LOL. It's just something about the crisp November air that makes me like a kid at Christmas! I can not WAIT to run it again. Especially if it becomes colder. Word from E-Town is, todays density altitude*DA* was -700, yes 700 feet below sea level! That's nothing hehe, we've been -1500. I am praying for that this saturday.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the OTHER forum in Drag Racing, approximately 6-7 people set new bests today! I can not WAIT to go to the track.

The density altitude today was negative 1500! amazing.

Eric, it was +2000 when I ran my friends Z-28 last week in 82 deg weather. JUST by the air alone you have prolly 1-1.5 mph and some more e.t.

TRUST ME, run the car again next March(Seeing it's done for this year) .:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I wanna hit the strip in the next 2 weekends, I just hope it's over 40 degrees so the track is open.... :smokin:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I'm hoping it's UNDER 40 deg's! Better DA. E town has been open when snow has fallen.

Good luck Patrick, just for curiousity...see if you can find someone with a weather station when you do race, and ask what the DA is. The lower the better.:whip:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jay,
There is a good chance that the DA will be killer Saturday
:cool: This front should pass through by noon tomorrow with some Canadian air ( gotta' love the canadians for the cool air
they ship us now and then :D ) pushing it out the back door :thumbsup: Nice post frontal conditions... you know, low humitity, high barometer, and cold air. So with your big MPH, as long as you hook, a new best should be yours. Good luck...See you on Saturday

Mike :)

BTW do you have a bar?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No bar Mike!

And it will remain that way!!! I was already booted in 2000 for my 11.84 :laughing:

I am keeping my fingers crossed.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably won't be a problem on Saturday as they tend to be a little more lenient when we race the challenge.

Actually they never said anything to me at the CC, but on T&T nites they always warn me. :) I get 1 good pass in then I slow it down, they know my MO by now :D

Mike :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Dr's(or, slicks in this case) just arrived.

There is a slight trace of tread on one, but none on the other. We'll see how it goes. 19 psi, long burnout and punch on the last yellow.:thumbsup: :smokin:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Boca di Lupo Paisano! Can't wait to see the clip :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ciao Joe!!

I'll give it my best and keep you posted. It is COLD and WINDY out there!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Dude, yer gonna ROCK. Can't wait to hear of the results.

My car is absolutely on fire. I had a clogged fuel filter, and my car has now re-awakened to all it's glory. I can't wait to hit the strip in the next week or two.

Hell hath no fury like a GS scorned.
So, Patrick....
You're over the "I'm pissed at my car" thing?
You're back into racing it again?
Welcome back dude!
It's amazing what a clogged fuel filter will do!
I change mine every spring!
Matt383

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am on pins and needles!!!! the tires are on, not cleaning the car, it's been outside in the rain for three days, and nothing will be on the bumper-1/4 area to prevent that nice black rubber from getting everywhere.

my burnouts will be at LEAST 5-6 seconds at 5500 rpm in 2nd gear!:partyon:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jay 383 said:
I am on pins and needles!!!! the tires are on, not cleaning the car, it's been outside in the rain for three days, and nothing will be on the bumper-1/4 area to prevent that nice black rubber from getting everywhere.

my burnouts will be at LEAST 5-6 seconds at 5500 rpm in 2nd gear!:partyon:
Dude....Clean that car!:nuts:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts