Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an idea the other day when i reading a headlight tint thread on here and i dont know if anyone has brought it up yet but i think it could look good

here it is ...some people obviously like tinted headlights and what i was thinking was like on the red, yellow, silver, white, vettes i believe it would look good to replace the headlights with the stock black ones (expensive mod i know) or paint the inside if possible

crazy idea maybe but i figured i would throw it out there

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hmmm... interesting idea, I remember seeing some aftermarket fixed C5 headlights a while back that were black... looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was it me or do the fixed headlights on c5's blow

·
Registered
939 Posts
yeah, they weren't the best design... i'm really glad the design for the C6 went the way it with regards to the headlights.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow that looks awesome!

i knew it wasn't a dumb idea...:D

too lazy to look....so how much were they

·
Registered
145 Posts
got them off of ebay $650. if u go to gm its approx $750ea. = $1500 and one cost more than the other.(dont know why):thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I really like the way that looks and have been debating doing the same thing myself....the only problem is that it reminds me of the old Dodge Stealth R/T's and I don't know if I can get over that.

It does look cool though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would think painting them would be a WHOLE lot cheaper than buying new ones altogether. Is there some reason that one would choose not to paint them? Can you not disassemble the cover?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would think painting them would be a WHOLE lot cheaper than buying new ones altogether. Is there some reason that one would choose not to paint them? Can you not disassemble the cover?
yeah, u could open them up by cutting a clean cut on the silicone rubber between the assembly and the glass then paint. u would really need to put it back together and make sure of a proper seal. u dont water to go inside your lights.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah, u could open them up by cutting a clean cut on the silicone rubber between the assembly and the glass then paint. u would really need to put it back together and make sure of a proper seal. u dont water to go inside your lights. or u can just tint it or did what i did. buy a blk pair and save your old ones:thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts