Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my headlight motor.I found one new on ebay for a reasonable price.The problem is the part # on the motor is different. I know GM changed the mounting location in 01' so its not the old style motor. The pic he has looks identical to the motor I need to replace.Does anyone know why the part# on the motor would be different?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Bump... Don't have a clue. Hopefully some one does.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I would post a pic of a cool R/C car while I waited for a response.

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Hey, why do you want to replace the motor? If it is just the common grinding problem it is much easier and less expensive to replace the gear.
Mine failed a while ago and I replaced both of the factory plastic gears with some after market brass gears. I bought them on ebay for about $40. Now I don't have to worry about the plastic gears failing again in the future!
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gear box case is broke where it meets the motor.Its not repairable.When the motor engages, its torque twists the broken gear box case and the pinion gear doesn't make contact to the main gear.But thanks for help

·
Registered
618 Posts
if the part numbers don't match, be ready to fabricate somthing to make it fit. Somtimes people just don't copy the part number right so you may have to ask for verification.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the motor even though the part number didn't match.I installed it ,it seems to work fine,just a little louder sounding while operating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts