Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. Yesterday, I replaced my left front turn indicator light. To do this, I raised the lights and turned them back a click to stay up with the lights off. After I replaced the light, I started the car and the lights would not go down. Later, when I drove at night, I found that the dash lights were totally off. When I stopped and turned the ignition off, however, the dash lights came on. Weird. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same thing happened to me about a week ago. Took it to the dealer and they said i shorted out the system. how i did that i dont know, didnt touch anything else. When i asked how it happend, no one was able to explain. Weird. Hopefully you can find another solution other than dealer. Looking over my repair order, it seems as if the fuse was the issue. Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. When I said I "turned it back a click" I meant when I turned on the lights, they popped up, and by turning the switch back one "click", I was able to leave the lights in the up position, but with the headlights off. Reading other threads, it sounds like I have a short,/ground problem and I did check the fuses for the headlight motors, although I'm going to check the dash fuse right now. I'm afraid to ask what the dealer got for fixing the same problem.
Thanks for the help[, and send more if you got it!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts