Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 corvette. I work till 2 am. I got in the car started, lights came up, but lights wouldn't turn on. I turned the switch many times, lights just go up and down, not on. I tried the high beams, they work, and when i turned high beams off, the lights stayed on. Rest of the lights on the car are fine.

What is interesting, at home, checking the lights, they do come on as normal. No issues.

I have also had issues before when i drive with high beams, when i turn them off, the head lights go out. It did this several times, but not in a long time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't even know how to check that. But the car today I checked in many times it's not giving me any issues. I spoke to people have a 95 and said they never heard of a car doing that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would recommend that you check out YT videos on how to check the relay of a C4. If you can't do it then the other option will be to go to an auto service and repair shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will look into YouTube. I don't know anyone here that will look at it. Last place I took it to was GM and they told me not to bring the car back anymore. It's an old car, people refuse to work on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been playing with the lights still and they seem to be working fine. I just get a clicking noise when i turn them off one switch, not fully. I don't know if that is normal. But when i turn them on, with the lamps up, they still come on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know I'm late to the party; but, having had a similar issue with a truck I need to ask (that is, if you haven't solved the problem yet) - have you check each bulb to make sure that the low beams are both burned out ? Oddly enough I had both bulbs go out at the same time on my truck. Replaced them and good to go . . . 😕 🤔

1 - 14 of 14 Posts