Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal.... I have already replace my bushing on my previous 94 but the How To that I followed no longer shows up.... It was from corvettemagazine.com and it was good because it had pictures and everything. Here's the old link...

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40550

Maybe someone may help me with a how to or how to retrieve this one. And my current vette is a 91 so I think they should be exactly the same. Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I found exactly what I was lookin for.... If anyone need a How To on replacing bushings on our C4's shoot me back and I will send you a copy... Laterz Ya'll

Frank

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK right now right now I am replacing the bushing on the headlight motors and was noticing that I have bronze gears and second that I didn't have to loosen the screws at the top nor the one at the bottom to remove the gear. And another thing is that the gear looks like it is being eatin right in the center of the gear. What is causing that and what can I do. Oh and another this is that I can't remove the Bronze from the aluminum on the gear part to get to the bushings. The center like rod just pops out from the outter end.

·
Registered
587 Posts
OK right now right now I am replacing the bushing on the headlight motors and was noticing that I have bronze gears and second that I didn't have to loosen the screws at the top nor the one at the bottom to remove the gear. And another thing is that the gear looks like it is being eatin right in the center of the gear. What is causing that and what can I do. Oh and another this is that I can't remove the Bronze from the aluminum on the gear part to get to the bushings. The center like rod just pops out from the outter end.
to prevent excess wear on the gears do not open or close them at highway speed because the wind resistance puts a BIG strain on those gears

1 - 4 of 4 Posts