1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The stock lights are 5 3/4. I'm running H4 bulbs in my vette and they plug right in and they work great.

·
Registered
749 Posts
the only thing to be concerned about is the depth of the lens with the bulbs and the seals in place. they need to be the same depth as the sealed beams you're removing. the headlight housing has a hole in it where the harness feeds thru, just be sure there is clearance enough for the new lens.

about 2 years ago i bought some off ebay that allegedly were for an '81 vette, but i ran into the problem stated above.they were too deep for my housings. they're still stashed some where in the garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help guys! I think they will work great. :partyon:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought two sets of these and only one set will fit the car. The high beams have 2 prong instead of 3 prongs like the other low beams. Anyone interested in these? They are brand spanking new! Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I would like to get somewhere near what I paid for them. One pair I bought for $50 shipped and the other was around $43 shipped. Any offers?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i need more than that...these suckers are brand new in the box, i've only had them a couple of days :(

·
Registered
749 Posts
i'll trade ya a new wipe motor...or two window lift motors...your choice.

i can send a pic of each if you want. should be worth double the lights.

wait a sec...are these hi beams or low? wattage?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They fit the low beams, because they are 3 prong lights and the high beams are 2 prong. I wanted to find an adapter but have had no luck so far. I have a new wiper motor and window motors already but my passenger's side was faulty so I shipped it back today for a refund.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I just bought 4 Halogen bulbs for my '73 at Autozone
they were $12.99 ea.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not the same at all....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These don't fit the high beams because the high beams require 2 prong lights and the aftermarket lights are all 3 prong....

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
ElctrnBlueC3 said:
These don't fit the high beams because the high beams require 2 prong lights and the aftermarket lights are all 3 prong....
I have seen H4 2 prong high beam bulbs at Autozone and they should clip in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plus $17.00 shipping....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts