Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Beware of the " Silent Majority " ....:laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

Legal experts and strong abortion opponents disagreed. But Stupak cast a critical vote for the bill, as did five other Democrats widely referred to as "the Stupak five" who flanked him at his press conference. If these six votes had gone the other way, Obama would have been defeated.

Stupak promptly announced he was retiring after 18 years. Republican Dan Benishek is currently leading there by an average of 44 to 27 percent in five polls.

Two of the Stupak five, freshmen Steve Driehaus of Ohio 1 and Kathy Dahlkemper of Pennsylvania 3, are in dreadful shape. Driehaus trails by an average 51 to 41 percent in his Cincinnati area district; Dahlkemper trails by an average of 45 to 37 percent in her Erie area seat.

Another two are from West Virginia. Alan Mollohan, first elected in 1982, lost in the May primary; Nick Joe Rahall, first elected in 1976, won his primary and seems well ahead for November.

Doing best is Marcy Kaptur of Ohio 9, first elected in 1982. Her Republican opponent reportedly wears Nazi uniforms in World War II re-enactments.

But that's an exception. The rule seems to be that casting a decisive vote for Obamacare tends to be a career-ender.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Dems-find-careers-threatened-by-Obamacare-votes-1228371-105059824.html#ixzz12jaOpkFH

A vote in support of Obama is career suicide! :nuts:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:rolling:
We'll revisit your statement after 11/2. ;)

You still have that "Hope" that he sold you? Don't you? :laughing:

NOW it's time for the "Change"!!! :partyon:
I wish I had some Hope. I don't see any answers on the Horizon, and I've tried to listen for them. I continue to be optimistic as a citizen of the USA..:cheers:

ZEP

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I wish I had some Hope. I don't see any answers on the Horizon, and I've tried to listen for them. I continue to be optimistic as a citizen of the USA..:cheers:

ZEP
Hang in there. Better times are coming. :thumbsup:
Of course, we'll have to wait till 2012 for a new administration before that happens though.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Hang in there. Better times are coming. :thumbsup:
Of course, we'll have to wait till 2012 for a new administration before that happens though.
:laughing: That may be a little more difficult to make happen, at least with the current front runners..

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I'm good with Hillary..I thought you were predicting a Republican Administration.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
It'll be one or the other. The big O has blown his wad.
:laughing: I think it's too early to make that call. The wind may blow another direction by then.

I really want the US to get back in the game.I do not like being a second rate nation..

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
:laughing: I think it's too early to make that call. The wind may blow another direction by then.

I really want the US to get back in the game.I do not like being a second rate nation..
Then why do you continue to support a second rate leader? :huh:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

I'm going to flash my pessimistic side and say second rate is a foregone conclusion. Our young generation, as a group, does not grow up with ambition to excel in science, math and technology. They want to major in Psychology, music and partying. The Chinese, on the other hand, know the future belongs to those who can dominate in the technical fields and are getting educated all over the world to eclipse the U.S. in those fields. It's sad, but I'm afraid it's true.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Then why do you continue to support a second rate leader? :huh:
Again, I think you haven't given him enough time, Bush had lower approval rating at this time off his Presidency,as did most past leaders.

I still don't see what is offered in the way of solutions to the Countries problems. You can't just say, stop spending ,cut taxes.

What will they cut ???

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Whole lotta gay ass patting going on in this thread....:laughing:

Dont take a rocket scientist to know that people want the economy fixed yesterday, and will vote republican.

But like Texdentist says...

The govt dont and cant create jobs.
Small businesses and companies do.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Whole lotta gay ass patting going on in this thread....:laughing:

Dont take a rocket scientist to know that people want the economy fixed yesterday, and will vote republican.

But like Texdentist says...

The govt dont and cant create jobs.
Small businesses and companies do.
:huh: So what's your solution ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
:huh: So what's your solution ?
Time.

The great recession took about 20 years for recovery to begin.

Or create markets.

But the right dont want to do that.

The problems I see are too many to list.

Like Machines thread, I see too much money tied up in banks by big multi millionaire/billionaire investors that have never worked a day in their life.

Way too much paper money stuffed away.
That trend is unsustainable.
Reduce govt spending slowly with some layoffs of micro managing and redundant jobs, paycuts across the board to save money and keep govt people employed instead of adding to the welfare masses and housing credit mess, reduce govt benefits, bring our military home for border protection, tax cuts for small businesses that are targeted to create jobs, increase taxes on investment returns above 1 mill, remove corp and bank lobbying altogether, return all political funding laws to their previous forms...

More I cannot remember.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts