Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am currently searching around for the right base model or Z to come along as some of you have seen in my other post. I really prefer a Z. I am looking to make the car decent on gas and not a pure out racer. I want it to be within limits for a daily driver you could say. I am looking to have a 11 second car. I want something that will go if it needs to be used. My first mods will definately be a set of LG Lt's streets with no cats. Coupled to that I have picked out Borla straights. I don't think I am going to have enough money for a supercharger, so I am willing to heads and cam it. That means I will have to find a CAI, prob the VARA. But my question is where are some good packages? And do I necessarly have to have a LSX intake? The LS6 and throttle should flow fine right? The heads I originally thought of were AFR 225's with 72cc chambers. On the lifters and rockers, will stock be ok? I am looking for a nice bump stick too. I plan to get the in house guy to do my mail tune too. I calculated that with 3400 pounds (counting driver, myself) I need 460 flywheel horsepower. That is roughly 381 RWHP. I am sure that will be easy to hit. So give me your opinions on this... The car could be an 01 Z or 02.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
With an 02 Z the 405 hp model the 01s were 385hp you don't need much for that Hp. Patrick's car put down 392 with just headers an intake and tune. Sheriff's put down 373 with intake and a tune. 400 at the wheels isn't hard to get.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The 02 ZO6 has 405 HP vs 385 HP in the 01 ZO6, with the main difference being the camshaft. If you're going to replace cam anyway, you could find a low mileage 01 and put in LG Headers and cam. Add a Haltech CAI with tune and your ready for some high to mid 11's. I would expect around 425 HP to the tires with this combo. C5 ZO6's already have good heads, but you will likely need new springs and pushrods :cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
When you're ready to have a go at it let me know and I'll be happy to assist you in Mod selection :thumbsup:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the burst of replies. Spiderpat I will definately do that... I knew it there were only few changes in the the intake design, the cam (didn't it go up to 525 525 on lift for 02'), and the valves were injected for lightweight. Im am also glad it doesn't take me a significant amount of money to make this car be a killer on the street. 11's should be plenty fast to be able to dominate most of the street. As soon as I find my Z I'll let you guys know. It might take some time, because gathering the money is kinda hard at 19...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts