Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1999 pewter back in March. Man, what a great car. The only option I would have liked didn't come on the car. So, I was wondering, since I'm going to have it for a long time, if it might be possible to put a heads up display in it?
I found a new one on E bay for $350.00, I've only priced a new dash and that was $930.00 since I would need the light to come through the dash for the window, obviously I would try to get a used dash. Thank you in advance for your comments.

Luke47

·
Registered
759 Posts
:thumbsup: HUD is a ton of fun! it's one of me fav. things on my car

so I think it's worth it ..But your also going to need a new hud style windshield

·
Registered
31 Posts
I added HUD to my 01, so GM would not get it to us from the factory. It's not that hard at all. Yes I got the kit from a vendor off the other corvette site. It was $350 I think for all the GM parts. Since you have a 99, you need to see if your cluster is setup for HUD or not. The early 99's are not, the later 99's are. The hardest part is cutting the dash, but it marked for you and as long as you don't go crazy the bezel will cover everything. I had to cut my about 5times, since I was not cutting enough and was scared to put too much.

Here are some pics from my install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:thumbsup: HUD is a ton of fun! it's one of me fav. things on my car

so I think it's worth it ..But your also going to need a new hud style windshield

Negative, you do not need a different windshield. Many people have done this mod without replacing their windshield and have had no problems at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts