Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that I want a heads-up display in my C-4. Would any of you C-5 guys please donate one to me.:rolling: :smack Has anyone seen an aftermarket set-up?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I just wanted to say that I want a heads-up display in my C-4. Would any of you C-5 guys please donate one to me.:rolling: :smack Has anyone seen an aftermarket set-up?
Same here. That's the one thing that might cause me to trade to a newer car!

·
Registered
501 Posts
have you driven a car with it ??...guy wants to swap a c5 for my c4 (not gonna happen) and i drove it, don't like the ''bug spot'' on the windshield...try your local j-y, early 90's pontiacs had hud and nobody wants those, can be had for cheaaaap $...rumor (i have not tried it) is that a piece of saran wrap can be put on your windshield and scuffed with 1500 sandpaper for the display.

·
Registered
674 Posts
$...rumor (i have not tried it) is that a piece of saran wrap can be put on your windshield and scuffed with 1500 sandpaper for the display.
100% not true. My mom's old b/f actually put a HUD from an early 90's Grand Prix into a 1957 Buick Special hot rod that he was building. It lit up and worked just fine on the original glass.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
have you driven a car with it ??...guy wants to swap a c5 for my c4 (not gonna happen) and i drove it, don't like the ''bug spot'' on the windshield...try your local j-y, early 90's pontiacs had hud and nobody wants those, can be had for cheaaaap $...rumor (i have not tried it) is that a piece of saran wrap can be put on your windshield and scuffed with 1500 sandpaper for the display.
I've driven a C5 and a C6 with heads up. Wonderful! I was afraid it would give that 'bug-spot' feel, but I found it low and unobnoxious. If (and that's a big if) I ever up-grade to a newer model Vette, having heads up on it (or not) will be the deal-breaker. Guess this is why the manufacturer makes 'em both ways...some like it and some don't. Not a problem either way, I just happen to like it very much!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking your eyes off the road for just a second at 100 mph+ can have devastating effects. Having heads up just helps, with a regular speedo, you still have to look down to see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts