Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving for extended periods of time, I notice that the driveshaft tunnel gets quite warm (next to your right upper leg). I'm concerned that when it gets really hot outside (I live in the South), this might be a problem inside the car. I am planning to add headers and a different x-pipe. The headers will be jet hot coated. My questions: 1-should the x-pipe be coated as well (on the outside only as it also contains the cats - and as an aside, will coating on the outside only be detrimental) to help reduce heat transfer into the cabin and/or 2- should the metal plate between the x-pipe and the transmission tunnel be coated (to help reflect heat from the exhaust)? I know some people put additional insulation around the driveshaft tunnel to address this problem. I'm looking for the most efficient, as well as cost effective, solution to this issue. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
102 Posts
As far as coating the tunnel plate goes, the coated plate from Elite Engineering made a noticeable reduction in the console heat with my car. I would think coating the X pipe would help also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
jmess said:
As far as coating the tunnel plate goes, the coated plate from Elite Engineering made a noticeable reduction in the console heat with my car. I would think coating the X pipe would help also.

:agree:

I agree, the Elite 3/8 plate reduced the heat considerably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts