Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
I have a leaky heater control valve, its a slow leak, drips coolant down on my pasanger frame rail realley making everything a mess , every where I look no one has the part I need.

exept for one place out in calli, and they want just shy of $400 for it.
holy crap.

do any of you know where I can get the part I need with out spending that much for it?
thanks all, and I am keepin my eye out on the ebay too. no luck yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey guys,
I have a leaky heater control valve, its a slow leak, drips coolant down on my pasanger frame rail realley making everything a mess , every where I look no one has the part I need.

exept for one place out in calli, and they want just shy of $400 for it.
holy crap.

do any of you know where I can get the part I need with out spending that much for it?
thanks all, and I am keepin my eye out on the ebay too. no luck yet.
Depending on your need for turning heat on/off, you could just bypass it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I guess I am going to have to by pass it for the time being. I shut the car off today, and a slow leak turned in to a high preassure spray as the hot coolant expanded when I turned the engine off. and Im not real fond of that.:down:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Don't do that!

I was in the same place years ago on my 85. I went down to Discount Auto - now known as Advance Auto, and they let me look through the assortment of heater control valves on the shelf.

You have to suck on them to make sure they are working the same way as yours (I can't remember if it is normally open or closed without vacuum...anyway, I found one for a Chrysler/Dodge - I think it is like a late 80s early 90s one of their small cars like a Sundance or one of those that has a killer plastic vavle that is like $10. Anyway, it slides right on the line and does the trick. I removed the old metal GM one and have never had a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts