Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my uncoated hedders with a set of the Hedmans HTC coated ones. Does anyone know if these hedders are coated on the inside as well as the out. Its either that or have the ones I already own coated. Jet hot quoted 350 plus shipping both ways to coat mine. 489 from summit for new HTC coated hedmans so the price isnt much of a difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have Hooker's on my Firebird, and there Jett Hot coated. They do the inside AND the outside. I like there setup a LOT better then just some ceramic coated headers. They seem to really run cooler on the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got an email from Hedman. The HTC's are only coated on the outside so looks like jethot it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got an email from Hedman. The HTC's are only coated on the outside so looks like jethot it is.

Well, that's pointless.

Jett Hot FTW!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just moved into a new house. big boxes all over the place. yeah shipping will cost about a hundred bucks for both ways but its worth it. the HTC coated hedmans cost almost 500 new. I already have a set of uncoated headers that jet hot will coat inside and out for 340 plus the 100 in shipping so Im still ahead in the end. Jet hot will sell me a new set of hedmans coated inside and out for 500 so its still easier to pay the shipping to get the ones I have done.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
How old are the ones you're getting coated? I'm asking - if there's any rust/corrosion, the metal will be thin there and could be a point for leaking or causing problems later.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How old are the ones you're getting coated? I'm asking - if there's any rust/corrosion, the metal will be thin there and could be a point for leaking or causing problems later.
They are about 3 years old. Only about 1000 miles on them total.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts