Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car runs.:laughing:
After a bit of a late start (gotta love kids) Dave came over tonight and helped me finish up a few last minute things and we got to take it for a ride. WOW!!! I just can't express how bad ass this is whether real or percived this car FLYS. I'll let Dave tell you about the test drive but I'll share these two quick videos of it in the garage. It was too dark for a burnout video but I'll get you guys one.:thumbsup:
I also test fit the hood. I have to figure out how to mount my gauges before installing it but here's a few pics anyway.

VIDEO 1, proof that the beast screams!

VIDEO 2, proof that we're not that smart

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

That beast is TRANSFORMED!

I can't believe how bad ass that thing is now! Idling it sounds like an angry caged animal, and hit that throttle and it's like all hell breaking loose! talk about pinned to your seat! It's all over for those rear tires:laughing:

Test drive was ridiculously fun...

Excited as hell, we head out for an inaugural spin, now this is a newly supercharged Corvette, so I mean a BEATING!

Now, did I mention, NO hood, NO fenders, NO HEADLIGHTS & NO LICENSE PLATE:lookinup:. Screaming down the street, sideways, tires lit up and the car howling something unholy, we peel around the first corner, light em up again and dive into another turn, and just around the corner what's right there?...... COP.

He sees us (more likely heard us from two blocks away) hits his headlights, and then... NOTHING:surprised Not a thing, we just drove by:thud: :laughing:

Either he was the coolest cop in Florida or he figured he just didn't have the energy to write that many tickets:rolling:

Congrats Steve man, that thing is KILLER! Can't wait to get some burnout shots!:partyon:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: Burning out into the garage :rolling: That is too funny.
Your Vette sounds totally wicked Bro :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Into the garage huh Steve? Guess the brakes are ok huh?:rolling:

Sounds sweet! Can't wait to see it in person:thumbsup:

Congrats on the install AND on finding the laziest cop in Hillsborough County:laughing:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
FANTASTIC STEVE!!! :cheers: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

I always wanted to SC mine but there was no way I was going a year w/o eating so I could afford one. :laughing:

Now wipe that smile off your face.....oh sorry, it's permanant now! :D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FANTASTIC STEVE!!! :cheers: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

I always wanted to SC mine but there was no way I was going a year w/o eating so I could afford one. :laughing:

Now wipe that smile off your face.....oh sorry, it's permanant now! :D
Who needs to eat?:laughing: Yea the smile will be here for a while.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally cool! Do you have a clearance issue after you added the blower or is the new hood just to make it look extra mean? Either way, it looks and sounds bad ass!
The hood is for a Stealth Ram in the future but mainly because it looks bad ass. There are no hood clearance issues just clearance issues everywhere else. Man this thing is really crammed in there. The designer really did a great job of putting 10 lbs of **** in a 5 lbs bag.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
That is beautiful,it brings a tear to my eye. Nice job,

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
AWESOME BRO! Glad to hear she's on the road again. Get her button'd up now! Can't drive without a hood forever.:laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Thats crazy bro, boy do I love that whistle. Make sure to take as much video as possible of you tearing up the streets:partyon:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Cool. I'm still on the fence about centrifugal vs roots blower. One advantage of the centrifugal is a new hood is not "required".
Where have you been able to locate a roots style blower for the L98?

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Awesome!!! :partyon: Congratulations, Bro!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks awesome Steve...can't wait to get a peek at it in person. :partyon:

Can't believe Dave's luck with the PoPo. Seems like here lately if even think about letting the horses run, I'm bathed in blue lights. :nuts:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Looks beautiful and sounds really awesome.

Congrats on being 90% done:thumbsup:

Hopefully that other 10% will go quickly for you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts